Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  SAP HANA Connection with Spectrum Spatial Manager

Posted 10-22-2019 20:11
    Hello Community, 

I am trying to make a connection between SAP HANA default Database ( SYSTSEMDB) and spatial Manager. I am facing a driver issue which is not letting me connect to HANA Directly. 

If someone already made this kind of connections, pls advise the best practice to connect and analyze data in  SAP HANA.

It will be great if someone can through light on 

1. Uploading Point data ( Lat,Long) into SAP HANA DB - SYSTEM DB/ New DB
    2. Connecting the same X,Y tables into Spatial Manager.
    3. Right kind of driver. I tried  (https://download.jar-download.com/cache_jars/com.sap.cloud.db.jdbc/ngdbc/2.4.63/jar_files.zip) this but Spectrum is not able to read the driver.

Looking forward to the support. 

Cheers 

​​

• 2.  RE: SAP HANA Connection with Spectrum Spatial Manager

Posted 10-23-2019 04:14
    Edited by Susan Bardet 10-23-2019 04:14
    Hello Krishna,

Spectrum Spatial does not support SAP HANA. Please read the following article on Data types and sources supported by Spectrum Spatial.

To learn more on supported data sources and data formats please refer to the Spectrum Spatial guide, the website link is below

https://support.pb.com/help/spectrum/18.2/en/webhelp/Spatial/index.html#Spatial/source/Resources/resources/datasources/data_sources_supported.html

Best regards

------------------------------
    Susan Bardet
    Software & Data support EMEA
    susan.bardet@pb.com

Pitney Bowes
    Henley-on-Thames
    RG9 6AB Oxfordshire
    United Kingdom
    pitneybowes.com

• 3.  RE: SAP HANA Connection with Spectrum Spatial Manager

Posted 10-23-2019 06:34
    Edited by Susan Bardet 10-23-2019 07:18
      |   view attached
    Hello Krishna, 

I apologise, my response to you earlier was wrong. SAP Hana can be accessed through JDBC Driver, you would need to add JDBC driver jar and then create XY table through Spatial Manager. Please read the file I have attached. 

I apologise for any confusion. 

Best regards

Susan Bardet
    Software & Data support EMEA
    susan.bardet@pb.com

Pitney Bowes
    Henley-on-Thames
    RG9 6AB Oxfordshire
    United Kingdom
    pitneybowes.com

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Named Resources and Data.pdf   122 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: SAP HANA Connection with Spectrum Spatial Manager

Posted 10-25-2019 10:34
    Edited by Krishna Bejawada 10-25-2019 10:34

Hi Susan,

Thanks for the response. I made sure I followed all steps mentioned in the document. 

I am able to make SAP HANA Connection in the spectrum Management console. But strangely, I am not able to make the connection to Spectrum Spatial Manager. All it says is that the driver not found. 

I have copied the same driver in "/<spectrum root="">server/modules/spatial/lib and /<spectrum root="">server/app/lib ". Restarted service, Machine and checked. But the issue is still the same. 

I hope someone who has already made the connection would guide us :)

Best Regards,
    Krishna. </spectrum></spectrum>

• 5.  RE: SAP HANA Connection with Spectrum Spatial Manager

Posted 10-25-2019 10:46
    Hi @Krishna Bejawada,

as Susan wrote early in her post we support to manage XY table with the use of the JDBC driver accessing to SAP Hana. 
    If you can use XY Table is fine to use JDBC Connection set up in Spatial Manager (Create Connection).

If you're facing issues to set up or to run it, please send details to our technical support - software.support@pb.com

In case you need to support SAP HANA spatial data you need to develop a custom data provider.

There is guidance and code sample in Spectrum – prerequisities are to have Java development skills. Goto the home page of Spectrum, click on Spectrum Spatial (on the left panel tabs) and click on the tab named "Sample application" and the "Extensible DataProvider Bundle. 

kind regards
    Monica​

Monica Di Martino
    EMEA LI/GIS Presales Engineer
    Pitney Bowes

• 6.  RE: SAP HANA Connection with Spectrum Spatial Manager

Posted 10-25-2019 11:01
    Hi @Krishna Bejawada

Spectrum Spatial Manager documentation of how to create a Named Connection to database using JDBC driver is Here

thanks,
    Monica

Monica Di Martino
    EMEA LI/GIS Presales Engineer
    Pitney Bowes