MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Is there any way to attach permanent styling to geopackage format in MapInfo?

Posted 05-21-2018 10:13

I have a geopackage with over a hundred of layers and I really need to have them styled. I have not manged to find a way to add styles in a way that they would stick if I open the data again in MapInfo. Normal way of editing layer and changing region style doesn't work, the styles are gone next time I open the data. Editing the styles individually every time is not really an option. The styles are in a SLD file, would it be possible to use that someway? Or is there another way of styling geopackages?

• 2.  RE: Is there any way to attach permanent styling to geopackage format in MapInfo?

Employee
    Posted 05-22-2018 03:54

Hi Laura

Typically, we would store the styling information for database tables in the MapInfo MapCatalog table in the database.

I do however think that we don't support this for GeoPackage databases.

Also it would be great if we did support SLD styling but at the moment we don't.

I would recommend that you create an idea for both these features via the Product Ideas Portal. You can find a link in the top bar.

• 3.  RE: Is there any way to attach permanent styling to geopackage format in MapInfo?

Posted 05-29-2018 08:28

Hi Laura,

You say that the information is divided into layers. Typically you would style these in the Layer Control and then save a Worspace, then they will have the same rendering next time you open your workspace. This works fine also if the data has been edited, as long as the layers in the Geopackage are the same.

Sometimes you want to style your data based on some category that is available in an attribute. I know that our Swedish partner Geografiteknik developed a tool for creating templates to style external data - be it from Shape, Autodesk, Geopackage or other sources - so that the styling could be re-applied on the coming deliveries. I am happy to give you contact details if this is your use case.