Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Spectrum Spatial Analyst v2018.2 new patch S01 available - technical helpful information

• 1.  Spectrum Spatial Analyst v2018.2 new patch S01 available - technical helpful information

Posted 02-06-2019 05:01

Hello,

Few days ago the SSA and LIM teams released 2 New Patches: S01 of Spectrum Spatial Analyst 2018.2 and S05 of Spectrum LIM 2018.2.

Here some technical information for installing these patches:

• How do I know if the patch has been installed?
      • For Spectrum, check if the file ".rls" are in the Spectrum installation folder – like cdq2018s05.rls 
      • For SSA, go to the SSA Admin Console check if there is written 2018.2.01 in the bottom UI.

Spectrum documentation 

https://support.pb.com/help/spectrum/18.2/en/webhelp/DocumentationDirectory/index.html

SSA Documentation
    https://www.pitneybowes.com/us/support/products/software/spectrum-spatial-analyst-support.html

------------------------------
    Monica Di Martino
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: Spectrum Spatial Analyst v2018.2 new patch S01 available - technical helpful information

Posted 02-07-2019 08:49
    Edited by Chris Mabey 02-07-2019 15:49
    Just a quick side note that we had a customer that questioned why they received patch S06 before S05,,, stating that they thought they should receive and deploy patches in sequence.   They were correct, one should always deploy patches in sequence, however S06 was actually for a different module (AMM) as opposed to S05 (LIM).    At times PB engineering will plan a patch and reserve the number, but it may take a while to complete the work. So other, more urgent patches, might get out first (for a different module).    Cheers.

[Chris] [Mabey]
    [Sr. Manager]
    [Pitney Bowes Software and Data Solutions]
    [White River Jct.] [Vermont]

• 3.  RE: Spectrum Spatial Analyst v2018.2 new patch S01 available - technical helpful information

Posted 02-08-2019 03:59
    Following on from Andy D's post to the Knowledge Community (Feb 7, 2019 3:41 AM) re: new SSA patch, I have a couple of queries.

Regarding: "Feature: The option to set a friendly name for named maps is not provided in the new project settings dialog". Does this mean that all my NamedMaps will display with their system name instead of a friendly name. I upload NamedMaps with a naming structured naming. For exmaple I have a NamedMap called PublicSafety_CCTVSouthwarkTFlcameras_thematic but I publish it with the friendly name of Southwark and TfL CCTV cameras

Can I still continue doing this essential addition of a friendly name?

Regarding: "Feature: There are some cases where layers are not correctly saved into a map project or are in the wrong order". This sounds quite serious. I need confidence that the layers I want added to SSA get published to SSA. Or am I misunderstanding this bug?

Stuart Carter
    Corporate GIS Manager
    Southwark Council
    London

• 4.  RE: Spectrum Spatial Analyst v2018.2 new patch S01 available - technical helpful information

Posted 02-08-2019 04:45
    Hi Stuart,

Yes, you can. Spectrum Spatial Analyst v2018.2 patch S01 (so release 2018.2.01) has this new update (from the Release Notes):

-        Friendly Names Now you can specify friendly name for map layers so that after saving the map project, users see the customized layer names.

Now, in the Project Setting you can set the friendly name to the Named Maps. Look at the screenshot below.

Yes, the bug has been fixed on Project Saving as the same Project and  as a new project. Just in case you will get a problem, please, write an email to our technical support or reach out to us.

named Maps Friendly Name setting in SSA

Monica Di Martino

• 5.  RE: Spectrum Spatial Analyst v2018.2 new patch S01 available - technical helpful information

Posted 02-08-2019 04:50
    OK, thanks.

I can relax now.

Stuart Carter
    Corporate GIS Manager
    Southwark Council
    London

• 6.  RE: Spectrum Spatial Analyst v2018.2 new patch S01 available - technical helpful information

Employee
    Posted 02-24-2019 12:37
    'Save' and 'save and close' - why  two primary actions? Is it desirable?

Abhiraj Satarate
    Shelton CT

• 7.  RE: Spectrum Spatial Analyst v2018.2 new patch S01 available - technical helpful information

Posted 02-15-2019 10:39
    Hi Monica

Could you share the link to the SSA patch S01, please?
    The link is just for the Spectrum updates.
    Thanks

John Ievers
    CDR Group
    Hope Valley, United Kingdom

• 8.  RE: Spectrum Spatial Analyst v2018.2 new patch S01 available - technical helpful information

Posted 02-15-2019 11:37
    Edited by Monica Di Martino 02-26-2019 15:02
    Hi John,

you and/or your customer in maintenance should have received the email from our fulfillment to  the eStore link. Check this with your Channel Manager. 

Here the link to the eStore to the SSA 2018.2 patch S01 

Take care, please, to install Spectrum 2018.2 patch S05 before installing SSA patch. Otherwise, it won't work. The patch S05 installation needs the stop/start of the Spectrum service - so read the relates notes before installing. 
    Then clear the web browsed cache :-)
    thanks
    Monica

Monica Di Martino

• 9.  RE: Spectrum Spatial Analyst v2018.2 new patch S01 available - technical helpful information

Posted 02-19-2019 08:10
    Hi Monica

I think there is a mistake on the link into the store.
    the link "http://store.pbinsight.com/promo/4946343000" is named "Spectrum Spatial Analyst v2018.2 Patch S01". If you download the file, you obtain the file "SSA201820F010101_Windows.zip" (size : 885 Mo) , which is not the S01 Patch, but SSA 2018.2 installer.

The patch Spectrum Spatial Analyst v2018.2 Patch S01 was available via another link (from Pitney support)  : https://s3.amazonaws.com/ssa1200/SSA20182S01.zip​ (size : 567 Mo)

Best Regards.
    David

David POUTIER
    COVEA GROUPE
    PARIS

• 10.  RE: Spectrum Spatial Analyst v2018.2 new patch S01 available - technical helpful information

Posted 02-26-2019 15:05
    Hi David,

Many thanks for letting us know :-)

ciao!
    Monica

Monica Di Martino