Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Issue entering coordinates from Mobile Phone

Posted 01-31-2020 12:38
    Have SSA 2018.2. This happens only when using phone, and tested only in Android+Chrome browser. The function works though when loading SSA in a phone-sized frame in test environments. But not in real phones:

If I want to put coordinates from a mobile phone, I click on the search text box, then in the drop down select Enter Coordinates. Then a menu with X/Y coordinates appears that will bring you where those coordinates are.

It works fine from desktop browser, but when loading SSA from mobile phone, the "enter coordinates menu" disappears just immediately and only the map is shown. So can't use this function because the menu is not displayed.

This is very annoying, and only one of the many problems found in phones. Seems that SSA is not designed to be fully compatible to work with mobile phones, which is unthinkable in 2020. Result being that our customers can't use this app from phones.

Has anybody came up with the same problem and know how to fix this, if possible?

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Miquel Roy Sunyer
    Kirklees Council
    HUDDERSFIELD

• 2.  RE: Issue entering coordinates from Mobile Phone

Posted 02-03-2020 12:03
    Edited by Monica Di Martino 02-03-2020 12:03
    Hi Miquel,

we're investigating. We'll answer you asap.

In the main time I did insert the Coordinates using a mobile phone with Chrome and Spectrum Spatial release 2019.1 - it worked fine.

Monica Di Martino
    EMEA LI/GIS Presales Engineer
    Pitney Bowes Software

• 3.  RE: Issue entering coordinates from Mobile Phone

Posted 02-03-2020 12:17
    Hello, 

We tested this morning with an iPhone and it works in that device. However, in the following devices, it didn't work:

Android 7.1.2; Redmi note 5A Build/N2G47H; Chrome 79.0.3945.136
    Android 9; Samsung Galaxy J5; Chrome 79.0.3945.136
    Android 9; Samsung Galaxy A20E; Firefox
    Android 9; Samsung Galaxy tabS3; Chrome 79.0.3945.136

Kind regards,

Miquel Roy Sunyer
    Kirklees Council
    HUDDERSFIELD

• 4.  RE: Issue entering coordinates from Mobile Phone

Posted 02-03-2020 14:42
    Thanks for all the details Miguel. It's great that you took the time to troubleshoot issues with various hardware and software combinations. Our UK-based support team has created a case and are investigating. We'll update this thread as soon as we can provide an update.

Dave Andrews
    Pitney Bowes Inc
    Stamford CT

• 5.  RE: Issue entering coordinates from Mobile Phone

Posted 02-03-2020 14:12
    Miguel,
    There does seem to be a problem with the display of the option to go to the default map centre or enter coordinates.  I looks like the choices are occluded by the keyboard and even with using a smaller keyboard don't allow use of the coordinates controls. Please raise a case with support and I will follow up as well.
    Apologies for this problem.

Eric Blasenheim
    Spectrum Spatial Technical Product Manager
    Troy, NY