Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Sign-in required each time on SSA startup

Posted 04-15-2019 22:31
    At Benalla Rural City Council (Victoria, Australia), we have recently upgraded to the latest version of SSA (2018.2.S01).  Now, whenever we start SSA, the Sign-in screen appears first.  No guest access is allowed.  We are forced to sign in as Admin.  I have checked in Spatial Manager, which reports that all maps, layers and tables have been assigned the AnalystGuestRole.  Also, AnalystGuestRole has been assigned to most of the available Projects.

Browser cache has been cleared and services restarted, to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced this? 

------------------------------
    James Nolet
    Dooley Mitchell & Morrison Pty Ltd

• 2.  RE: Sign-in required each time on SSA startup
    Best Answer

Posted 04-16-2019 03:48

Hi
    I had a similar issue, in my case the issue was caused by Guest user account in Management console which was having different case letters than the Guest user account in the shared.properties file created during the upgrade process, it could also depend on which option you selected during the upgrade process  Guest&Secured or Secured Only as they serve different purposes.

Abel Motla
    ST Group

South Africa

• 3.  RE: Sign-in required each time on SSA startup

Employee
    Posted 04-16-2019 04:28

​Hi James,

As Abel mentioned, is it possible that the 'Guest & Secured' access mode was not specified during the install of SSA?

If required, the Guest user can be enabled manually by following the instructions on page 9 in the SSA Admin Guide (see link below).

https://support.pb.com/help/analyst/2018.2/admin_guide/en/spectrum_spatial_analyst_administration_guide.pdf

Hope this helps!

Dave Kuo
    Pitney Bowes Australia Pty Ltd
    Australia

• 4.  RE: Sign-in required each time on SSA startup

Posted 04-16-2019 09:53

Thanks Abel.  I realised the "Guest & Secured" versus "Secured Only" would be the issue as soon as I read your message.  Thanks also Dave for the information on where to look in the Admin guide.  It was my first step but somehow I missed the relevant section.

Stuart, I read your earlier posts with interest and it had us worried!  Now that I have had a go, I can understand the issues you face - being a large site - but as the one I'm dealing with is small it seems to be working well.  I definitely agree with your comment regarding the saving of map settings - it is too easy to be zoomed in or to have changed layer settings before carrying out the save within Project Settings.

I have now enabled Guest access.  As well as following the steps in the Admin guide I noticed the "Enabled" setting for the AnalystGuestUser was Off so set it to On.  This isn't mentioned in the procedure on Page 9.

Thanks again for the help.

James Nolet
    Dooley Mitchell & Morrison Pty Ltd