Assure DQ

View Only
  • 1.  Excel output

Employee
    Posted 03-11-2020 08:17

I would like to know if we can generate an excel worksheet based on the data available within Infogix. For example, I load certain CSVs, perform some calculations and export these calculations into an excel workbook to be used in downstream application. Is this possible in Assure 9.1?

• 2.  RE: Excel output

Posted 03-11-2020 13:42

Hi Manish,

There are a few ways to accomplish this. I've provided a link below to our knowledge base article which should be of assistance.

https://support.infogix.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044328654-Capturing-control-data-from-Infogix-Assure

• 3.  RE: Excel output

Employee
    Posted 03-12-2020 08:08

Thank you Brenda. It seems the exportdata.sh option will work for me. When we export the data does it create the CSV on Assure Server or Assure Client?

• 4.  RE: Excel output

Posted 03-12-2020 08:33

Hi Manish,

That will output the CSV file on the Assure server.

You will need to add the "-localdest" flag into the script settings, which will make the output on the client instead of on the server if you prefer to have it there.

We will updated the article to reflect that option.

• 5.  RE: Excel output

Employee
    Posted 03-12-2020 08:39

Thanks. Currently this feature is disabled on my installation. Is there any cost attached if I want it to get enabled? 

• 6.  RE: Excel output

Employee
    Posted 03-12-2020 09:47

I tried below command - ./exportControlData.sh -entity CSS_Billing_BI_File_Validation -destdir <MY PATH> -localdest -from -P1D. I got an error No such file or directory. MY PATH doe exist on the Assure client. What might be missing?

• 7.  RE: Excel output

Posted 03-12-2020 10:56

Hi Manish,

Are there any spaces in the file path? If so, the entire path needs to be put in quotes, otherwise the script will only read the path up to the first space. 

As to your comment related to the feature showing disabled, per the article:

Prerequisites to using exportControlData

This script was introduced in Assure 9.1 as an add-on feature. You can check if your installation has this add-on enabled by checking your license details under Help > About Us. If this feature is enabled, you will have "Enabled" next to Export Server Utility Module. If your installation has this feature disabled, please submit a license request to have your license updated with this module enabled.