Data360 DQ+

View Only
  • 1.  Local Admin Login Possible with Single Sign-On Configured in DQ+?

Posted 02-26-2020 12:43

When Single Sign-On (SSO) is enabled for a DQ+ 3.3 Enterprise/On-Premise installation, is there a way to create a "local" account that can be used to log into DQ+ with credentials other than those provided by LDAP? There seems to be no way to access a login dialog that prompts for a user name and password, so any existing non-SSO accounts are not accessable when SSO is enabled.

We would use this capability to create an "emergency access" account that would be independent of our LDAP/SSO infrastructure.

• 2.  RE: Local Admin Login Possible with Single Sign-On Configured in DQ+?

Posted 02-27-2020 11:03

Hi Rob,

You can accomplish this by changing the Authentication Mode from SAML to INTERNAL.

Add a user like normal, but set the authenication to INTERNAL.  If you don't get a login screen, then it's possible that the URL you're using to login has a "tenantId" in it. For example, this URL snippet auto-logs us in with SSO:

.../desktop/index.html?tenantId=Infogix

but this one brings up the login page (if you aren't already authenicated):

.../desktop/index.html

Below is a screenshot for authentication type for creating a user:

• 3.  RE: Local Admin Login Possible with Single Sign-On Configured in DQ+?

Posted 02-27-2020 14:32

I have administrator access to our system (DQ+ 3.3 FP3 Enterprise/On-Premise installation), But I see a different Add User dialog that doesn't have an Authentication Type parameter. Is this something we should open a support ticket to correct?

• 4.  RE: Local Admin Login Possible with Single Sign-On Configured in DQ+?

Posted 02-28-2020 14:38

Hi Rob,

Unfortunately we just learned the ability to change the Authentication type is only supported for cloud deployment. Once SSO is enabled you cannot create non-SSO users. I will create an enhancement request on your behalf to enable that for on-prem installations.