Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Line Direction Markers

Posted 07-04-2019 23:46
    Hi there guys,

Has anyone found a way to display line direction markers in SSA as per what is available in MI Pro?

I've attached a picture to show you an example.

Cheers

TimeQ5xcnoVRqOYD3DIeiyF_FlowDirection.jpg

------------------------------
    Tim Warfe
    GIS Officer
    MOORABOOL SHIRE COUNCIL

• 2.  RE: Line Direction Markers
    Best Answer

Employee
    Posted 07-05-2019 02:00

Hi Tim,

I believe the line direction option works similar to a 'style override' in MapInfo Pro and can only be persisted in MapInfo Pro if a workspace is saved.

The line directional marker does not carry over to SSA currently - it looks to be currently unsupported based on what I can see under the 'marker-placement' section in the Line Styles documentation for Spectrum.   

As a partial workaround, you may wish to consider using line pattern styles '94' or '95' for your line objects in MapInfo Pro - these two line styles contain an arrow on the end of the line. For more information please see the Line Pattern Codes documentation for Spectrum.

Perhaps the ability for SSA to retain the line direction markers can be considered as an enhancement request for a future release?

Dave Kuo
    Pitney Bowes Australia Pty Ltd
    Australia

• 3.  RE: Line Direction Markers

Posted 07-05-2019 02:28

Hello

If you do go down the path of changing the line style as suggested by Dave above, I'd recommend making a copy of your table and displaying it twice, so you can keep a version that doesn't carry the arrow for aesthetic purposes. HOWEVER make sure the second table has a different name entirely (not just a different friendly name) as I've had quite some issues with loading a table twice in the same workspace/map for SSA.

If you're going to add a table twice and need to make sure the data in both is the same, I'd also look into automating the file duplication. It will mean the duplicate may be a daily routine behind the original file but a day behind is better than months if it is static.

I hope that helps for the short term 

Regards

Rebecca Marks
    GIS & Environment Officer
    Greater Hume Council
    NSW Australia

• 4.  RE: Line Direction Markers

Posted 07-07-2019 20:09
    Thank you all for your comments.   

I've created a map using the original data source to overlay over the top of the pipes layer.  Seems to show up nicely.

I've attached the result.

Cheers

Tim Warfe
    GIS Officer
    MOORABOOL SHIRE COUNCIL