MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Raster image white transparency

Posted 05-13-2020 21:17
    Hello,

I have an issue with some raster layers that I have combined into a seamless map layer, which are rendering differently in v19 compared with earlier versions (eg v15). Specifically, white parts of the image are being registered as transparent and I cannot see how to change them to 'filled in' white.

This issue can be seen in the following images. In the first two images I have placed a square filled box over and then under the seamless map layer. As you can see, in the second image it is hidden.

Block over seamless raster layer
    Block is now under the seamless map layer

The next two images are exactly the same but in MI v19. You now see that any part of the red object underneath a white part of the seamless raster layer shows through, as if the white has become transparent. How can I alter the settings so that colour white (255,255,255) doesn't get registered as transparent?

Colour block on top of seamless layer in v19
    Red shows through under white colour

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

------------------------------
    Matthew Lee
    Deep End Services
    South Yarra VIC

• 2.  RE: Raster image white transparency

Posted 05-14-2020 17:42
    Hi Matthew, I faced the same issue a few months ago (also using Melway!)

Check the discussion below for the solution.

https://community.pitneybowes.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=00feea76-52fe-4f35-86ed-f1ee3f0429f5&CommunityKey=fe4d1ee2-f1c6-4307-87d2-00bea1344885&tab=digestviewer#bm10067018-cd80-440b-a7bc-988dbf49ff56

Timothy Mashford
    Melbourne, Australia

• 3.  RE: Raster image white transparency

Posted 05-17-2020 18:41
    Thanks Timothy, the suggested changes to the Raster add on preferences did the trick.

Matthew Lee
    Deep End Services
    South Yarra VIC