Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Now it is easier to add a Shape (.shp) File layer into a SSA map

Posted 07-25-2018 15:30

Now it is easier to add a Shape (.shp) File layer into a SSA map, and without using MapInfo Pro.

Spectrum Spatial Manager (SSM) release 12.2 gives the ability to you to create named tables from shape (shp) files, create named layer and named map without using MapInfo Pro!

Here below the steps and screenshots to follow for adding a Shape File layer in SSA map:

-       In SSM go to Create> Table, create the Named Tables from a Shape File (first 2 screenshots below): select the folder, the shape file and set the parameters.

-       In SSM go to Create> Layer, create the Named Layer from the above table and Create> Map adding the layer created. We might add the map created into a SSA map configuration. 

See Attachment

See Attachment

?See Attachment

• 2.  RE: Now it is easier to add a Shape (.shp) File layer into a SSA map

Posted 07-26-2018 17:47

Hi Monica,

Hey that's great for quick presentation of others data, should prove to be really useful.

Thinking future design, maybe there could be additional functionality added to SSM to allow the importation of SHP files and others into Spatial DB. I imagine this as functionality already exists to edit existing data, over halfway there in my mind; just initial DB table creation via an existing data connection needs to be designed along with a way to choose data types and attribute column name. Or source from shp file for instance. Maybe a tick box option to upload the shp to data connection. At least then die hard MapInfo Pro users would not need to rely only upon easy loader. Just an option and maybe outside current design scope but seems a logical addition / progression to me.

cheers

• 3.  RE: Now it is easier to add a Shape (.shp) File layer into a SSA map

Posted 07-27-2018 02:57

Hi @Peter van Dijk? ,

many thanks for your feedback. Yeah, adding a shape file as a layer is so easy and fast with SSM! At the moment as you said we can run EasyLoader tool in MapInfo Pro to uploading geographical data from tab/shape files to a Spatial Database. I'll check roadmap about your idea/request with our PM and SSA Engineers team. Keep in touch!