Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Prepapring For Migration from Winshuttle 10 to 12

Posted 03-17-2020 10:59
    Good Day.

My Organisation is running on winshuttle version 10.6. A need has been identified and winshuttle version 12 is the trageted version. However, a lot of Scripts, Queries and solutions had been develped on the current version. would these work on winshuttle 12 or they would need to be recreated.

Regards,

------------------------------
    Nkosinathi Sithole | Master Data Officer
    THE ROYAL SWAZILAND SUGAR CORPORATION | +26878253987

• 2.  RE: Prepapring For Migration from Winshuttle 10 to 12

Posted 03-18-2020 09:28
    We migrated from 10 to 11.4 last year and found that most but not all templates with embedded scripts worked without any issue.
    We went trough a rigorous testing process of all of our critical scripts/templates. Our reason for upgrading was the company was moving to Office 365 and this included Excel 2016. Excel 2016 is not compatible the Winshuttle 10. I have a second PC that has not been upgraded, just to be able to support the version 10 scripts and embedded templates. As scripts need to be revised for changing business functions, we are rebuilding them in version 11. This should line us up for moving to version 12.
    For the long term we are working on rebuilding the version 10 scripts in version 11. Version 11 and 12 offer better handling of special requirements and performance in SAP.
    Hope this helps answer your question. Winshuttle support was very helpful in addressing a couple of the different ways the newer platform handled script building.
    Good luck and reach out if you have further questions.

John Kelly | Senior Product Data Analyst
    Dorman Products Inc. | (215) 712-5256
    dkelly@dormanproducts.com

• 3.  RE: Prepapring For Migration from Winshuttle 10 to 12

Posted 03-18-2020 13:57
    Thank You John. i have shared your insights with my boss and we will make further deliberations based on it

• 4.  RE: Prepapring For Migration from Winshuttle 10 to 12

Employee
    Posted 03-18-2020 10:55
    Hi Nkosimathi,

It looks like John gave a great answer already, but I wanted to share a link to our 10x to 12x Studio Upgrade guide as well!

https://docs.winshuttle.com/studio-en-12-1-x-upgrade-guides/upgrade-guides/Studio-upgrade-guide-10.7-to-12.1.htm

We also have a webinar on this topic that you may find useful. You can find that webinar at the link below:

https://www.winshuttle.com/assets/webinar-the-ultimate-how-to-guide-for-your-winshuttle-studio-upgrade/

Happy Winshuttling!

James Lofgren | Solutions Engineer
    Winshuttle North America | [City] |

• 5.  RE: Prepapring For Migration from Winshuttle 10 to 12

Posted 03-18-2020 13:59
    Thank you James.  i will go through the link suggested and have already registered for the webinar

• 6.  RE: Prepapring For Migration from Winshuttle 10 to 12

Posted 03-19-2020 08:34
    We migrated from 10.6 to 11.2 few years back and what I would say to make sure you plan for is full regression testing of your solutions and scripts we found a lot of changes we had to do on the composer solution side they were small changes but affected the working ability of the solution.

Wasn't as easy as opening the solution in 11.2 saving and redeploy we found..

Good luck...

Paul Volkert | IT SAP support
    Florida Power & Light Company Inc

• 7.  RE: Prepapring For Migration from Winshuttle 10 to 12

Posted 03-19-2020 15:55
    Hello Nkosinathi,

To move from v10 to v12, you will need to upgrade to v11 between, where the major code changes happened.  Once we got the platform up, these are some of the major details for those pieces:
    - Scripts - Most of our ~500 scripts worked, but what we did run into was if there were updates needed, you may have to convert it to v11 or recreate it.  For Muliti-Scripts or Chained Scripts that needed an update, you need to convert/recreate all the scripts before submitting.
    - Composer Solutions - There are some changes that caused us to make updates in all our solutions.  Overall, most of the solutions worked once we made some adjustments.  Those adjustments included button behaviors that no longer are valid for certain views and max length of fields because non existing values are now enforced

I hope this helps

Scott Gorski
    General Mills | Data Analyst