Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  How do I add the 'Add new Record' feature to Spectrum?

Posted 08-31-2018 04:33

I am trying to enable 'editing rights for a select role to be able to edit a specific data set.

Following the admin guide, I have tried to apply the required settings to allow this feature to a role.

When I go into Spectrum to test this I am unable to find the 'Add new record' button. I feel like I may be going wrong in the 'Template Mapping' section of the Admin Console but I am not sure.

Does anyone have any step by step instructions on how they do this?

• 2.  RE: How do I add the 'Add new Record' feature to Spectrum?

Employee
    Posted 08-31-2018 02:24

Hello Jemima,

First of all, may I know the version of Spectrum Spatial Analyst and Spectrum that you are using? We have documented all the necessary steps for enabling the feature editing functionality in Spectrum Spatial Analyst here -

Version 12.2 - http://support.pb.com/help/analyst/12.2/admin_guide/en/index.html#appendix/appendixE.html

Version 12.1 - http://support.pb.com/help/analyst/12.1/admin_guide/en/index.html#appendix/appendixE.html

After you have configured your map configuration to support full or attribute editing using Admin Console and set the create/update/delete permissions using management Console, you should see the option "Add New Record" in Spectrum Spatial Analyst (please refer http://support.pb.com/help/analyst/12.2/user_guide/en/tasks/add_records.html).

If this still does not help, please open a technical support ticket.

Regards,

Vishwas

• 3.  RE: How do I add the 'Add new Record' feature to Spectrum?

Posted 08-31-2018 05:20
      |   view attached

Hi @Jemima Bargery?  - you might check the Named Table is Volatile and NOT Read-Only in Spectrum Spatial Manager. Hoping this can help my step-by-step to SSA Editing set-up pdf file. Keep in touch!

• 4.  RE: How do I add the 'Add new Record' feature to Spectrum?

Posted 09-05-2018 12:37
      |   view attached

Hi @Monica Di Martino? There is just one slide missing in the presentation if i am not wrong. Its better if we can provide the sample XML with basic feature editing permissions.

Hello @Jemima Bargery?  Attaching a sample XML which covers most of the editing features which will help you configure your feature editing options.

Once you configure your options, you need to keep this file in

Serverpath\SpectrumSpatialAnalyst\customerconfigurations\analyst\theme\featureEditTemplates

then you will be able to see the Feature editing template as Monica mentioned in the slide deck

Attachment(s)

xml
    Sample.xml   2 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: How do I add the 'Add new Record' feature to Spectrum?

Posted 09-17-2018 14:32
      |   view attached

Hi @Krishna Bejawada? ? thank you for your post. Well, I did update the "How to setup Features Editing in SSA" presentation with new screenshot... I added an XML Validation Editing sample as you told me. Hoping this helps...

• 6.  RE: How do I add the 'Add new Record' feature to Spectrum?

Posted 09-20-2018 01:28

Great work @Monica Di Martino? !