MapInfo Pro

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

I'm mapping German Gemeinden administrative areas but Pro v 17.01 corrupts the German umlaut ö, ä, ü and double s "ß" characters in labels. I changed the language settings but this didn't make any difference. I'll be grateful for your help. Many thanks

• 1.  Mapping German Gemeinden

Posted 10-28-2018 17:30
    I'm mapping German Gemeinden administrative areas but Pro v 17.01 corrupts the German umlaut ö, ä, ü and double s "ß" characters in labels. I changed the language settings but this didn't make any difference. I'll be grateful for your help. Many thanks

• 2.  RE: Mapping German Gemeinden

Employee
    Posted 10-29-2018 04:12

Are the strings only corrupted in the labels or does this also happen if you view the attributes in a browser window?

Where did the data originate from? Excel?

• 3.  RE: Mapping German Gemeinden

Posted 10-29-2018 04:15

Peter

It was visualising the labels.

I’ve reimported the file and it works now. I increased the field length after changing the language settings. As I will have a lot of these to do are there any settings I would need to change?

Many thanks

Regards

Keith

• 4.  RE: Mapping German Gemeinden

Employee
    Posted 10-29-2018 05:03

Hi Keith,

Not sure. I guess that depends what data type you are importing.

• 5.  RE: Mapping German Gemeinden

Posted 10-29-2018 07:23

Hi Keith

Does this article help The following link is no longer available. To access this information, copy the title found in the url into the search tool on the top nav bar, or try searching for key words in the post. https://li360.pitneybowes.com/LI360/s/article/Displaying-Unicode-UTF-8-and-Cyrillic-Fonts-etc-in-MapInfo-Pro-64-bit

That mentions the increase in field length to accommodate certain language fonts.