MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Where is the customisation of the Map Mini Toolbar stored?

Posted 10-23-2018 17:14

Does the Customize Map Mini Toolbar customization get saved/stored somewhere? I would like to be able to share it with other users in my group so they don't have to individually customize the Map Toolbar. Is there a way to do this?

Edit to clarify: I am referring to the right click Map Toolbar.

• 2.  RE: Where is the customisation of the Map Mini Toolbar stored?

Employee
    Posted 10-25-2018 00:56

Hi Nick,

Yes, the Customization gets stored in the "C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\MapInfo\MapInfo\Professional\1700" as an XML file.

You can share this xml with other users who need to put it in the same location and ideally it should work.

Regards,

Shweta

• 3.  RE: Where is the customisation of the Map Mini Toolbar stored?

Posted 10-25-2018 11:13

Thank you for the response Shweta. The file was where you said it would be. There were actually 2 XML files: MiniToolBar.MapperState.en.xml and mapToolbarYYYYMMDD########.xml. Neither XML used the name I gave the customization in MapInfo. I shared these with another user. To get it to work, we had to remove a third mapToolbarYYYYMMDD...xml file that was in the ...\1700 folder in order for the customization to appear correctly.

• 4.  RE: Where is the customisation of the Map Mini Toolbar stored?

Employee
    Posted 10-26-2018 06:36

Yes Nick, that is how it is expected to work. The name you give appears inside the xml - "MiniToolBar.MapperState.en.xml". "mapToolbarYYYYMMDD########.xml" is time stamped. Every time you change something in the map customization, you will have a new "mapToolbarYYYYMMDD########.xml" created. It is 3rd party designed by Sync Fusion, we can't do much about it.

Regards,

Shweta