MapInfo Pro Developers User Group

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Hi, I'm developing a software in mapbasic and I'm trying to create some labels. At some point I'm inserting some text fields in a table and a object which is a point. My problem is the insert, it crash MapInfo on my PC, but works in my colleagues PC's.

• 1.  Hi, I'm developing a software in mapbasic and I'm trying to create some labels. At some point I'm inserting some text fields in a table and a object which is a point. My problem is the insert, it crash MapInfo on my PC, but works in my colleagues PC's.

Posted 09-28-2018 13:06

If I do the insert without the object it works. I've done some objectinfo and everything seems to be OK.  

I already tried to reinstall MapInfo but doesn't work.

Don't understand.

Any idea?

• 2.  RE: Hi, I'm developing a software in mapbasic and I'm trying to create some labels. At some point I'm inserting some text fields in a table and a object which is a point. My problem is the insert, it crash MapInfo on my PC, but works in my colleagues PC's.

Employee
    Posted 09-28-2018 11:07

Any chance you can share some of the code? Especially around were the crash happens?

• 3.  RE: Hi, I'm developing a software in mapbasic and I'm trying to create some labels. At some point I'm inserting some text fields in a table and a object which is a point. My problem is the insert, it crash MapInfo on my PC, but works in my colleagues PC's.

Posted 09-28-2018 11:43

Peter,

Thanks for your answer.

Definitely is not a code problem. Is some issue with my machine that I have to find.

Thank you once again.

• 4.  RE: Hi, I'm developing a software in mapbasic and I'm trying to create some labels. At some point I'm inserting some text fields in a table and a object which is a point. My problem is the insert, it crash MapInfo on my PC, but works in my colleagues PC's.

Employee
    Posted 10-01-2018 02:12

Hi Nuno,

Can you insert values into the table manually on the machine where Pro normally crashes?

Are you using the exact same version of MapInfo Pro on the computers including the same patches?