Data360 DQ+

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Data Privacy Question: Would Information from Customer Data Stores be Visible to Infogix?

• 1.  Data Privacy Question: Would Information from Customer Data Stores be Visible to Infogix?

Posted 02-17-2020 12:48

Auto-Owners is auditing and documenting data protection/privacy provided by third-party vendor products. My area has been asked whether Infogix could gain access to information from Auto-Owners data stores being processed by solutions built using Infogix Data360 DQ+. I'm reasonably confident that such access is not possible, especially since we run the Enterprise (on-premise) version of the product. However, one scenario did occur to me that I wanted to ask about specifically. We sometimes share log files generated by DQ+ with Infogix product support in the process of resolving a support ticket. These can be large and might not be in a readable format. Could any DQ+ log file contain data from external or internal data stores, causing an Auto-Owners employee to inadvertently share this data with Infogix? For example, could a DQ+ log file contain a message that included the contents of a record being processed at the time of an exception: "Exception xyz occured while processing data source record with contents: customer name = Rob McCurley, address = 123 Main Street, social security number = ..."? I concede that Infogix can't make assurances about log files produced by Cloudera/HortonWorks or other third-party vendors, so this particular scenario applies only to log files generated by DQ+ or components shipped with it. 

In summary, could Auto-Owners proprietary data appear in a log file produced by Infogix DQ+? Are there other scenarios I haven't asked about here by which and Enterprise/on-premise DQ+ implementation could pose data privacy risks to companies like Auto-Owners? 

• 2.  RE: Data Privacy Question: Would Information from Customer Data Stores be Visible to Infogix?

Posted 02-27-2020 12:20

Hi Rob,

Infogix does not have access to your environments.

The logs don't carry any of the user information other than user email address. And this information only shows up when users try to login. Also in Audit logs it shows the update/modification by the user.