Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Hi All,

• 1.  Hi All,

Posted 04-11-2018 07:05

Hi All,

The release date for SSA and Spectrum Spatial (LIM and SSM) will be the 30th April.

New Features for SSA include:

1:         Designer for Map Information Templates - Admins can now build unique customer experiences by customising the information panel, without the need to touch one line of code.

See Attachment

2:          End users can browse and add any spectrum layers they have access within the repository. Not only that, they can also see a preview of that data.

See Attachment

3:          End users can merge and split map annotations

See Attachment

4:          End users can query inside overlaps of annotations.

5:          End users can zoom to the extent of an existing layer

New Features in Spectrum Spatial

Security

1. New security model in Spectrum Spatial including support for sub-admin permissions (sub-admins can be granted permissions to manage data within specific repository folders) 

Map Render Quality

1. Enable anti-aliasing of symbols and labels for improved render quality

Large Data Visualisation

1. Add large data visualisation support for Generic JDBC data sources (current support is SQL Server only)
    2. Add and test large data visualisation support for Impala/Hadoop as part of Generic JDBC support

Spatial Manager Enhancements

1. Create Named Views using a basic query builder (in addition to entering MISQL)
    2. Create Named Layers including specifying style override (points, lines and region style)
    3. Modify Named Layers including specifying style override (points, lines and region style)
    4. Create Named Map by picking and adding layers to it including re-ordering
    5. Show appropriate error message in Spatial Manager if LIM is not licenced

See AttachmentSee Attachment

?See Attachment

REST performance improvements

1. Continue decoupling of REST and SOAP interfaces (for improved performance of REST services – SearchBySQL was implemented before and in this release other services are being implemented)

• 2.  RE: Hi All,

Posted 04-11-2018 17:08

Some good information here for you @Peter van Dijk? 

• 3.  RE: Hi All,

Posted 04-11-2018 18:10

Hi @Jacob Pescini? @Andy d'Andilly?  Looks great, definitely heading in the right direction.

Having the ability to do as much as possible within the browser is very important to enable a cohesive experience, having to upload and replace map overlays using the map uploader tool to make adjustments is a little bit cumbersome. The changes you guys have made should enable most of these type of adjustments in the browser. This is where it will be most useful, to quickly make changes to existing map overlays, layers etc

I'm looking forward to playing around with the creation of templates, charts etc without using it IM already wondering if you can have multiple charts on a single page. I also like the expanded ability to create simple views.

And the ability to configure over rides etc is great, can you edit existing map overlays in this fashion?

No doubt when I have it installed and during testing, I'll have some suggestions.

Cheers to all your hard work

• 4.  RE: Hi All,

Posted 04-15-2018 01:07

Hi @Andy d'Andilly? , Thie updates looks pretty outstanding. That's what Out of the Box application should look like. Power user will always look for things like this. Looking forward to next level updates :)

• 5.  RE: Hi All,

Posted 04-15-2018 01:12

Hi @Peter van Dijk? I did some google charts visualization on SSA as an experiment and we can show multiple charts in one page . I hope the new feature would look more greater than google charts on SSA. You must have played with Google charts already :)

• 6.  RE: Hi All,

Posted 04-15-2018 01:52
    Hi All, I’m reference to charts, yes you can have multiple charts. This includes having dynamic and static charts. I’m really glad you guys like the new changes and I must admit I’m very excited about this release. This is the first step in the redesign of the administration,that I’ve been talking about. Over the coming releases you’ll see more changes that enforce the vision of Spectrum Spatial and Spatial Analyst. - Customer Centric - Data Agnostic - Personalisation - Customisation Looking forward to the feedback on this next release. Andy

• 7.  RE: Hi All,

Posted 04-15-2018 19:04

?Hi @Krishna Bejawada? 

I was starting to look at http://www.chartjs.org/samples/latest/ but finding the time has been an issue

cheers

• 8.  RE: Hi All,

Posted 04-19-2018 05:11

Great post, Andy. I'm looking forward to having this version on-site.

Although I've done some good things with html custom templates I've never quite mastered Google Charts, so having an equivalent functionality built-in is good.

I understand there is a architectural change in v12.2 in how Spectrum indexes data with SSA each time a config is opened up. Apparently, it will do less formal indexing thus allowing SSA to open up faster. Do you have more information, or a confirmation of that?

Has the red dot attached to the cursor point when running measurements been replaced with the a crosshair, like with annotations?

When a map config is cloned in SSA any template mappings in the original config are not copied over into the new cloned config. I have to then set them all manually in the cloned config. Has that been sorted in 12.2?

Stratus Connect had a showmarker= parameter which would add a map marker to a location if specified in a URL with x, y and zoom parameter values. Has an equivalent made it to SSA 12.2?

I know there is a workaround with adding concentric circles (e.g.: https://geo.southwark.gov.uk/connect/analyst/mobile/#/main?x=533275&y=176669&zoom=14&showRings=1,5) but that's not quite the same, and it adds annotations. The beauty of the Stratus Connect showmarker parameter was that it was neutral and just added a marker to the map.

• 9.  RE: Hi All,

Employee
    Posted 04-24-2018 09:21

A few other mentions for SSA 12.2

1. Ability to define color in brand.css for queries.
    2. UX enhancements to multi-select functionality. You can now invoke multi-select from add panel- once you are in multi-select mode you can start clicking on map to select features.
    3. Simplified layout for summarisation.

• 10.  RE: Hi All,

Posted 04-24-2018 09:48

Hi Abhiraj,

Some good features, there. I always thought that Summary had the potentaial but was badly delivered. I'm looking forward to seeing the improvemnt in 12.2

Just some questions about 12.2...

Do you know if the red dot attached to the cursor when running measurements has been replaced with the a crosshair, like with annotations?

When a map config is cloned in SSA any template mappings in the original config are not copied over into the new cloned config. I have to then set them all manually in the cloned config. Has that been sorted in 12.2?

Stratus Connect had a showmarker= parameter which would add a map marker to a location if specified in a URL with x, y and zoom parameter values. Has an equivalent made it to SSA 12.2?

I know there is a workaround with adding concentric circles (e.g.: https://geo.southwark.gov.uk/connect/analyst/mobile/#/main?x=533275&y=176669&zoom=14&showRings=1,5) but that's not quite the same, and it adds annotations. The beauty of the Stratus Connect showmarker parameter was that it was neutral and just added a marker to the map.

Thanks,

Stuart

I

• 11.  RE: Hi All,

Employee
    Posted 04-25-2018 02:53

Hi Stuart,

1. Yes, the dot has been removed, you would only see the crosshair in 12.2
    2. Thanks for bringing this our notice, ideally the template mapping should get copied. They are not getting copied because templates are not part of map-configuration. Programatically, they are external entities. I have raised this with our engineering team and they are looking into it.
    3. You can use showInfo=true parameter. It would show your marker along with map-information for the point specified in the URL.

Try this URL:

https://geo.southwark.gov.uk/connect/analyst/mobile/#/main?x=533275&y=176669&zoom=14&showInfo=true

Do let me know if this helps you achieve your desired outcome.

• 12.  RE: Hi All,

Posted 04-25-2018 04:19
    Hi Abhiraj, Red dot / crosshair: That’s wonderful news. There are a number of users here who’ll be very happy about that. Cloned maps and custom templates: Thanks for looking into it. Maybe it could come into a future update. showInfo=True: I knew about showInfo=True, but it’s not quite like mapmarker= in Stratus Connect. showInfo=True runs an info click, which has its uses, but mapmarker just added a map marker at the specified x y without tye info-click information. That’s what I’m really after. Maybe it could happen in a furtur update. Thanks, Stuart

• 13.  RE: Hi All,

Employee
    Posted 04-25-2018 05:04

Sure Stuart, I have captured the showMarker requirement and would communicate this with the team.