Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  Allow Take Action workflow actions to be initiated from parent object

Posted 02-19-2021 11:40

Right now when you allocate a workflow action to an object type, the user has to drill into an actual asset within that object type in order to get the Action options we want them to have. This is not ideal, especially in regards to a Suggest New Term or General Inquiry type workflow. Most users want to suggest a new term when they can't find what they are searching for and it's not intuitive for them to pick a random asset to get to that step. Humbly requesting that workflow action allocations are reflected on both parent and child objects. Thank you

• 2.  RE: Allow Take Action workflow actions to be initiated from parent object

Employee
    Posted 03-01-2021 12:21

Note: This was originally posted by an inactive account. Content was preserved by moving under an admin account.

Hello Justin,

The Enhancement for this request is already documented. 

• 3.  RE: Allow Take Action workflow actions to be initiated from parent object

Posted 03-01-2021 12:24

Suhas, 

is that something I can follow or be CC'd on? Curious on possible ETA of that

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Allow Take Action workflow actions to be initiated from parent object

Employee
    Posted 03-01-2021 12:30

Hi Justin,

This is Mandy Bank, I'm a Product Analyst in our Product Management Group.   It is on our roadmap to provide this functionality.   It really is being able to take a generic action from anywhere and not have it tied to an asset, or like you said, tied to a parent asset.   While it's on our roadmap we're looking at late this year for design and implementation.    I know our Services group recommends taking action at the Domain or Model level in this case.  

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

Mandy Bank

• 5.  RE: Allow Take Action workflow actions to be initiated from parent object

Posted 03-01-2021 12:31

Thanks Mandy, I'll try to keep the wolves (stewards) at bay until then ;)

• 6.  RE: Allow Take Action workflow actions to be initiated from parent object

Posted 12-22-2021 01:33

Has there been update to this request?