Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  Ownership Rules Run Frequency

Posted 04-09-2021 05:32

We have many ownership rules created (via Administration > Responsibilities > Ownership rules). When we assign a responsibility to an asset, it can take up to a day before the ownership rules cascade. We would like this to be automatic when responsibiltiies are assigned. 

Here is an example of what happens today: 

We have an ownership rule that says if a business term is related to a data domain, assign the owners of the domain to be owners of the term. 

When we relate a term to a domain, the term may not depict the owners from the domain until the next day. 

Users are only able to edit business terms when their domains are assigned to the term (with the exception of administrators). This is causing frustration for users who aren't able to edit the assets that they own in real-time. 

• 2.  RE: Ownership Rules Run Frequency

Employee
    Posted 04-14-2021 10:34

Note: This was originally posted by an inactive account. Content was preserved by moving under an admin account.

Hello Marisa,

Can you please provide screen prints for the issue ?

• 3.  RE: Ownership Rules Run Frequency

Posted 04-14-2021 11:29

Hi Suhas,

If you go to Administration > Responsibilities > Ownership Rules, you'll see "last run date"

From what I can see, this runs once daily (perhaps it is more). The most recent run was 90 minutes ago. If I add a relationship that should "trigger" this ownership rule, the ownership isn't reflected until the next run

• 4.  RE: Ownership Rules Run Frequency

Posted 13 days ago
    Edited by Peter Carroll 13 days ago

Did you ever get an answer to this @Marisa Macho? We are facing difficulties because of this too. At a minimum I would at least like to know how frequently these rules are running, because it seems the frequency is not something that we can determine ourselves.  

------------------------------
    Peter Carroll
    Enterprise Data Governance
    Perrigo Company plc
    Dublin, Ireland
    ------------------------------