MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Customizing Default Directory Preferences in MapInfo Pro

Employee
    Posted 06-27-2019 08:57
    A time saving preference many MapInfo Pro user's don't take advantage of is the ability to define default Directory locations for the Open Dialog.

With this feature, users can assign custom folder locations for the 4 "MapInfo Places" found in the Open Dialog:

To change the default locations, click on "Pro" and go to Options > Directories.
    Highlight which "MapInfo Place" you wish to edit (from Tables, Remote Tables, Workspaces, and Import Files),
    and click on "Modify" to browse to the desired folder you wish to associate with that "button":

Now when you are at an Open Dialog, instead of browsing through multiple nested folders, you can get right to the folder of choice with one click!

------------------------------
    [Dave] [Sepowski]
    [Support Analyst]
    [Pitney Bowes]
    [Troy] [NY]

• 2.  RE: Customizing Default Directory Preferences in MapInfo Pro

Posted 06-27-2019 18:02
    @Dave Sepowski great tip! This is one of my personal favourite time savers for MapInfo Pro!!​

Ashley Crane
    Regional Director, Software Support
    Pitney Bowes

• 3.  RE: Customizing Default Directory Preferences in MapInfo Pro

Employee
    Posted 06-28-2019 02:52
    Great tip, Dave. I always struggle until I get my Directory preferences set correctly.

Another thing worth mentioning in relation to the Open dialog, is the option to switch to Standard Places in the lower left corner.

That switches the left panel to some of the standard Windows folders such as Quick Access.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Pitney Bowes