Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  LIM - Write to Spatial Data

Posted 01-22-2019 00:52
    Edited by Krishna Bejawada 01-22-2019 01:07
    Hello All,

I am exploring Spectrum LIM components using Enterprise designer to achieve points which are not in the Polygon and I'm struck at Write to spatial data. I have created a small flow which will show the records which are not in the polygon, but I am unable to write the point data to NamedMap. But If I choose the record's with status Null, I am able to see the Polygons in the Named Maps.
    What I'm missing? Should I use  " Query Spatial data " to get these points which are not in the polygon instead of Point in Polygon?

------------------------------
    Krishna Bejawada
    Knowledge Community Shared Account
    Shelton CT

• 2.  RE: LIM - Write to Spatial Data

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 01-22-2019 05:36
    This post was removed

• 3.  RE: LIM - Write to Spatial Data

Posted 01-22-2019 11:43
    ​Krishna,
    If you could give us more information on the data flow you have created, I think we can work this out.
    A couple of things to check:
    • Make sure that all the necessary fields are linked to the write spatial data stage. In Spectrum you do this by double clicking the connector between the stages. When fields are named the same on both ends, then Spectrum matches them up automatically. However, when they are different, you need to connect them manually. Fore example, I have here a case where a spatial object (uninterestingly called "Geometry") needs to be connected to "Obj" which is the default name for any geometry in a .tab file.
    • Make sure you connect the fields.
    • Again, feel free to post you dataflow (a .df file ) or send to me privately.

Eric Blasenheim
    Spectrum Spatial Technical Product Manager
    Troy, NY

• 4.  RE: LIM - Write to Spatial Data

Posted 01-23-2019 01:03
    Edited by Krishna Bejawada 01-23-2019 01:05
      |   view attached
    Hi Eric,

That's correct I have mapped the same, You can find the same in the screenshot. I still have the same issue and I can see the result properly in the inspection

I am unable to send attach the file to you personally. Maybe because you haven't accepted the invitation request.

Krishna Bejawada
    Shelton CT

• 5.  RE: LIM - Write to Spatial Data

Posted 01-23-2019 10:25
    ​Krishna,
    For some reason, your earlier posted information is not visible to me.  I seem to have it in email which I just read. Anyway, what I posted was not based on your complete information. Not sure about the flow or why I can't see that.

However, after reading your post in email, I think I might know the issue.
    Using a failed status will not work as a fail means that no records satisfy the criteria. So by definition using a conditional router to write records that fail means that no records will be sent through that part of the flow.
    I am not sure of your exact goals but your Query spatial Data idea is probably the best.  You need to query data that is farther than a certain distance from your start point. 

There are a number of ways to do this in an query either using a buffer and a not intersects or a distance greater than a specified value.  Performance might be the differentiation and probably depends on the density of the search table. 
    It sounds like you have a good grasp of these ideas but if you feel you need  help or advice feel free to post your results and questions here.
    Regards,

Eric Blasenheim
    Spectrum Spatial Technical Product Manager
    Troy, NY

• 6.  RE: LIM - Write to Spatial Data

Posted 01-24-2019 01:54
    Hi Eric,

I can write the spatial data now. I found the mistake that I made while reading the input file. 

I am able to get the  Points which are not falling the polygon using Point in polygon now and write the Failed records into spatial data.
    It's because of the Character mismatch with one of the input field  and the Named Layer. Thanks for the suggestions :)

I think we should have some examples for Querying spatial data as a blog or some sort of document / Video. It's better if we cover AND, NOT IN, WITHIN and few other spatial functions just like what we have in MapInfo

Thanks,

Krishna Bejawada
    Shelton CT

• 7.  RE: LIM - Write to Spatial Data

Posted 01-31-2019 08:07
    Hi Krishna,

hoping this can help you the Query Spatial Data's MI SQL Language documentation for the release you're using (12.2)  is
    https://support.pb.com/help/spectrum/12.2/en/webhelp/Spatial/index.html#Spatial/source/misql/misqlapiguide/introduction/introduction.html
    https://support.pb.com/help/spectrum/12.2/en/webhelp/Spatial/index.html#LIM/source/QuerySpatialData/options.html

Monica Di Martino