Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Application Linking SSA 12.0

Posted 05-07-2018 00:18

?With Spectrum Spatial version 12.0 there was a tool available for application linking, I printed the documentation for this but didn't download the installation zip file as I was to do this at a later stage.

I now don't seem to be able to find the installation packages or the pdf documentation online.

Is the tool still available and where can I get it from.

cheers

• 2.  RE: Application Linking SSA 12.0

Posted 05-06-2018 20:29

?I think I found it, See appendix C of the Spectrum Spatial Analyst Administration Guide

• 3.  RE: Application Linking SSA 12.0

Posted 05-07-2018 00:09

Hi Peter,

I'm curious, what application are you guys linking?

Regards,

Tony Jordan

• 4.  RE: Application Linking SSA 12.0

Posted 05-07-2018 01:14

Looking at using this to link into Technology one Property and Rating, depending what can be done with it. Currently we use Generic link with Exponare for a two way link and Generic Link with MapInfo Pro as a one way link using a mbx to create the xml and call generic link?.

cheers

• 5.  RE: Application Linking SSA 12.0

Posted 05-07-2018 01:20

ah OK. Speak to your account manager. PB have rewritten the old Generic Link framework into now what is called "PBLinks". We have Civica's Authority (Property) and HPE Content Manager (Records) bi-directional link using the new PBLinks.. You may need to get their help implementing though!?! Are you running a multi-tenant Citrix/cloud environment?

• 6.  RE: Application Linking SSA 12.0

Posted 05-07-2018 17:01

Hi @Peter van Dijk? We're onto it, I'll get back to you shortly with more information.

Cheers

• 7.  RE: Application Linking SSA 12.0

Posted 05-08-2018 01:09

Hi @Peter van Dijk? , what engineering have distributed with the platform is a method to allow SSA to communicate with the link executable via websockets. It does not contain the application links themselves. The reasoning behind this is that most clients (including yourself) already had established/configured links to our other products and the retrofitting of the configuration is a relatively minor process. As @Tony Jordan? has pointed out, we have commenced rebuilding links and would prefer you take the opportunity to be brought onto the new platform.

I will have someone from PB reach out to your account manager with further details so we can assist in moving you across.

Regards,

Max

• 8.  RE: Application Linking SSA 12.0

Posted 05-08-2018 01:39

Hi @Max Ainscough? @Jacob Pescini? ,

At this stage, decisions haven't been made to implement linking with SSA as yet, we still have this as Dev. I was just making sure that linking to external applications via similar methods is still available. Thanks for getting back to me, it is something that will possibly be needed.

cheers