Precisely Enterworks

View Only
  • 1.  Code Set: Auto-build from Selected Attributes option

Posted 01-14-2021 10:43
    Where can I find more information on using the Code Set option to "Auto-build from Selected Attributes"?
    I am looking to use record values from a defined attribute field of one repository as a code set selection list for another attribute. 

If this is possible using the "Auto-build from Selected Attributes" option, will this be static as of the date the code set is built or will it be dynamic to update as new values are added to the associated repository attribute?

------------------------------
    Jodi Buck | Manager, Master Data Platform & Services
    Thomson Reuters | (763) 326-5675

• 2.  RE: Code Set: Auto-build from Selected Attributes option

Employee
    Posted 01-16-2021 01:28
    Jodi,

Rather than define a code set, that you would have to constantly update as changes are made to the source repository, I recommend you leverage the custom control capability in the profile containing the attribute to have the selection list based off the values of the source repository.   You can define a custom control on the attribute of interest of type "Custom Search Control Dynamic" and define the SQL necessary to retrieve the list of unique values from the source repository.  As records are changed in this repository, the drop-down for the attribute will reflect those changes.  Such a control should be accompanied by a Bulk Callout validation rule that has a variant of the same SQL query to flag any value in the attribute of interest if it is not one of the values found in the source repository.  The Brown Bag Session #26 covers custom controls in detail.   The support web site has a KB article on defining bulk callout validation rules.

-Brian

Brian Zupke | Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Winshuttle North America | 9099009179