MapInfo Pro Developers User Group

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How is order of sections determined for the multi-section polyline that is a result of an Erase(polyline,region) command?

• 1.  How is order of sections determined for the multi-section polyline that is a result of an Erase(polyline,region) command?

Posted 07-27-2018 01:46

Consider the case of a polyline object that overlaps a region object such that the command Erase(polyline,region) returns a multi-section polyline.

How is the order of the sections in the multi-section polyline determined?

It would be great if the first section corresponded with the start of the original polyline, but I know this is not the case.

Is there a consistent and reliable order?

• 2.  RE: How is order of sections determined for the multi-section polyline that is a result of an Erase(polyline,region) command?

Employee
    Posted 08-01-2018 04:57
    Yeah, I have run into this too, Nick. It for sure doesn’t keep the current order. I got around my issue by switching back to the old way of splitting plines. I’m on my phone right now so I can’t look up the specific statement but it’s something along these lines: Set Split Version 950. There are at least a couple of these statements. I’m sure there’s one for buffers too and probably others as well.