MapInfo Pro Developers User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Map Replica Tool (MRT)

Posted 09-28-2017 10:57

I developed MRT using MapBasic to solve the variations in mapping outputs for different clients. As a user, you create 1 template with what you need as the output and MRT will replicate it as many times as you need !

Map 1 area or 20,000 areas with the click of a few buttons.

Image 1 attached shows you the application UI and the different options available based on your template.

The other attachments are 3 samples of the outputs MRT is capable of.

This has saved our analysts hours of endless repetitive manual mapping, so they can focus more on the client and analysing their data !

See AttachmentSee Attachment

See Attachment

See Attachment

• 2.  RE: Map Replica Tool (MRT)

Posted 09-28-2017 08:17

Very cool Simon! We'll take a look and get back to you with any questions.

• 3.  RE: Map Replica Tool (MRT)

Posted 09-28-2017 08:55
    Thanks Dave. Appreciate the comment :)

• 4.  RE: Map Replica Tool (MRT)

Posted 09-29-2017 05:28

Well done Simon! As the manager of the team that you developed this for, it has increased the efficiency significantly in the day to day jobs our team produces. Thank you and good luck!

• 5.  RE: Map Replica Tool (MRT)

Employee
    Posted 12-19-2017 02:44

Hi Simon, goog job. I Would like to test MRT.mbx. Is there any download link ?

• 6.  RE: Map Replica Tool (MRT)

Posted 12-19-2017 17:34

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately its not that straight forward. I built this specifically for our business needs. There are certain settings files that need to be setup and I haven't had the time to package it up for potential use outside of our business.

We can talk about this more in the new year if you like. Maybe I could test one of your WOR files on me end first?

Have a safe holiday season!

Simon

• 7.  RE: Map Replica Tool (MRT)

Employee
    Posted 12-20-2017 03:36

Hi Simon,

Thanks. There is a real need for an official Map Duplicating tool into MapInfo Pro. In France, we developped a similar tool "AutoCart" a few years ago, but sometime buggy and not uptodate running only on old MI versions. This is something that product dev should consider seriously.

Competitors have include this kind of tool in their core offer for ages. For example, The QGIS composer is very efficient...

Cheers