Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  Search capability in latest version in Dev and UAT

Posted 11-06-2019 08:30

I have a couple of questions about the new search functionality currently in the dev and UAT environments:

• Currently, when I search in production, I only get “Your search did not find any results” no matter what I search.  This makes it very difficult to test the new search functionality in the lower environments.
    • I’d love for someone to take me through how the search is supposed to work.  In dev, I can’t seem to affect the search results using the search settings.  Also, the results are very inconsistent.  For example, I get results for “Vendor Glossary” yet I don’t get results for “Application Glossary”.  Instead of Application Glossary I get “Attribute” and “Illustration” which are too detailed given those are types within the Application Glossary.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Search capability in latest version in Dev and UAT

Posted 11-06-2019 10:59

Hi Georgia,

To answer your question about searching, there are some filters that would cause the search results to appear inconsistent. One of the filters, "Match Whole Words," would prevent searches for making on a substring of a word. The other filter toggles the types of Items to search for, which may cause some search hits to get filtered out.

However, for your specific use case, we were able to duplicate the same behavior, so we've open up a support ticket to get it resolved.