MapInfo Pro Developers User Group

View Only
  • 1.  How to disable customise ribbon option on status bar added in 17.0.2

Posted 06-27-2019 07:56
    Hi All,

Since updating to MapInfo 17.0.2 I've noticed that there is a new addition to the status bar on map windows. There is now a facility labelled as 'Default' with an up arrow that allows you to customise the ribbon. Anyone know a way of disabling this as we would prefer to not allow users of our software to customise the ribbon.

thumbnail image

Thanks

Andy

------------------------------
    Andy Bendall
    Senior System Developer
    Buchanan Computing Ltd
    London

• 2.  RE: How to disable customise ribbon option on status bar added in 17.0.2

Employee
    Posted 06-28-2019 03:05
    Hi Andy

This is part of the support for multiple Mini Toolbars. This popup allows users to switch between the different Mini Toolbars they have access to.

Customize is to give them an hint that they can customise these. I'm sure you are aware that there is is an option to go to the Customize dialog from the Quick Access Toolbar in the top left corner.

I inpsected the statusbar with the RibbonExample application and it lists these elements in the Statusbar:
    Statusbar: Number of Controls 16
    Statusbar Control 0 is named 'StMapperView' but shown as 'Zoom: 1.084.000 m' and Control Type is 16 (TextBlock)
    Statusbar Control 1 is named 'StMapperPopUpImage' but shown as '' and Control Type is 27 ()
    Statusbar Control 2 is named 'StMapperLayer' but shown as 'Editing: None' and Control Type is 16 (TextBlock)
    Statusbar Control 3 is named 'StEditLayerPopUpImage' but shown as '' and Control Type is 27 ()
    Statusbar Control 4 is named 'StSelected' but shown as 'Selecting: Hexagons' and Control Type is 16 (TextBlock)
    Statusbar Control 5 is named 'StProjection' but shown as '' and Control Type is 16 (TextBlock)
    Statusbar Control 6 is named 'StDigitizer' but shown as '' and Control Type is 16 (TextBlock)
    Statusbar Control 7 is named 'StSnap' but shown as 'SNAP' and Control Type is 16 (TextBlock)
    Statusbar Control 8 is named 'StAutotrace' but shown as '' and Control Type is 16 (TextBlock)
    Statusbar Control 9 is named 'StAutonode' but shown as '' and Control Type is 16 (TextBlock)
    Statusbar Control 10 is named 'StMiniToolbarCustomizations' but shown as 'default' and Control Type is 16 (TextBlock)
    Statusbar Control 11 is named 'StMiniToolbarPopUpImage' but shown as '' and Control Type is 27 ()
    Statusbar Control 12 is named 'CurrentWorkSpacePanel' but shown as '' and Control Type is 22 (StackPanel)
    Statusbar Control 13 is named 'StBackgroundTsk' but shown as '' and Control Type is 16 (TextBlock)
    Statusbar Control 14 is named 'CellValueStatus' but shown as '' and Control Type is 16 (TextBlock)
    Statusbar Control 15 is named 'TemporalEventTime' but shown as '' and Control Type is 16 (TextBlock)

One option could be to grab the two controls, 10 and 11 in my case, and hide them

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Pitney Bowes

• 3.  RE: How to disable customise ribbon option on status bar added in 17.0.2

Posted 07-02-2019 05:18
    Hi Peter,
    Thanks for this, we managed to hide/disable the 'default' wording by adding the  control_type (textblock) into your procedure 'RBNControlEnableThs' and 'RBNControlSetVisibilityThs'.

B
    ut the popup arrow is control_type 27 - unknown. There isn't any command for disabling these control types at present that I can see.
    I tried disabling the 'StMapperPopUpImage' to test, but that didn't work.

However we have hidden the 'Quick Access Toolbar' so even though they can still click on the 'Customise Ribbon' it will not actual be displayed which will have to do for now.
    Cheers
    David

David Wilson
    Buchanan Computing
    London, UK