Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  When 'Add filter' is selected remove unnecessary scrolling

Employee
    Posted 03-10-2022 21:14

When Business Asset is selected (such as Business Glossary) and the  user clicks on 'Add filter' they are presented with:

• Asset Fields
    • System Fields
    • Relationships 

This Product Enhancement is to restrict the 'Add filter' to  Asset Fields only to remove the need to scroll through, which causes confusion. 

• 2.  RE: When 'Add filter' is selected remove unnecessary scrolling

Employee
    Posted 03-14-2022 03:03

Hi Maria,

I have opened a ticket with the product management team for review ( Reference : GOV-17509 )

Matthew Kennedy

• 3.  RE: When 'Add filter' is selected remove unnecessary scrolling

Posted 03-23-2022 09:30

Hi Maria/Matthew,

Our teams really like the relationships and systems fields options - we are able to filter by date created, items that are/aren't related to a business term, etc. I wonder if there is a way to condense/expand these items instead of removing them. 

• 4.  RE: When 'Add filter' is selected remove unnecessary scrolling

Employee
    Posted 03-23-2022 13:05

Hi Marisa,

Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to relay your comment on the GOV-17509 ticket as a consideration during the review process.

Maria, if possible please detail for me the business reason behind this request. As relationship and system field filtering can be useful for the filtering process, I wanted to verify if there was an error the team receives or something deeper beyond the desire to prevent scrolling down the filter list.

Matthew Kennedy