MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Scalebar reverting to bottom left corner of map/page

Posted 06-16-2019 18:48
    Edited by Jason Kroeger 06-16-2019 19:10
    V17.0.3 issue - After I enter a standard scalebar at the bottom right hand side of a map window within the layout, it appears to position correctly. However, when I zoom out of the Layout, the scalebar progressively makes it's way across to the left hand side of the layout with each scroll of the mouse. I'm working on a V15.0 (32 bit) workspace and saving it as V17.0.3 (64 bit). This is the only issue I've encountered to date in V17.0.3.
    The autosizing won't disengage either.

------------------------------
    Jason Kroeger
    Spatial Products Lead
    Department of Social Services
    Canberra BC

• 2.  RE: Scalebar reverting to bottom left corner of map/page

Posted 06-16-2019 20:30
    Hi @Jason Kroeger, just trying to replicate this in v17.0.3 but haven't been able to. Can you share a few additional details:
    1. Does this only occur with Workspaces created in 32 bit then opened in 64 bit?
    2. Are you interacting with the map window on the Layout when this happens (have your double clicked on it & is the frame light blue in colour)?
    3. When you observe this behaviour, are you changing the zoom of the Layout window (% zoom shown in status bar bottom right of Layout), or, the zoom of the map window?​

With these details we can better understand the issue & determine the best way to progress. Thanks, Ashley

Ashley Crane
    Regional Director, Software Support
    Pitney Bowes

• 3.  RE: Scalebar reverting to bottom left corner of map/page

Posted 06-16-2019 21:47
    Hi Ashley
    Re: Moving scale bar
    I'm clicking off the embedded Map Window when zooming out.
    I've created a new workspace in V17.0.3 and it occurs.
    I loaded a 32 bit workspace into V17.0.3 and it occurs.
    I loaded the 32 bit workspace into V15.0, creating an embedded scale bar, and it did not occur.
    Re: Uncontrollable resizing
    I haven't tried any combination with that, other than removing the tick from the 'Automatic resize' box when creating the scale bar. Although the uncontrollable resizing only occurs when I'm within the embedded Map Window.

I'd continue to use my old manually drawn objects which can be resized with ease. However they transfer as line segments and not objects, even though they were produced as combined segments in 32 bit system.

Thank you
    Jason

Jason Kroeger
    Spatial Products Lead
    Canberra BC

• 4.  RE: Scalebar reverting to bottom left corner of map/page

Posted 06-16-2019 22:04
    Hi Ashley
    Just repeated the steps and now it only occurs within the 32 bit workspace. I also just closed the 32 bit workspace and created a new workspace within the same session, and the problem doesn't exist with the new workspace. I'm happy to use the Layout scalebars, though are there better versions I can load? The old tick versions are what I'm looking for. That's one of the ones available from the V17.0.3 Map Windows.
    I look forward to your advice.

Jason Kroeger
    Spatial Products Lead
    Canberra BC

• 5.  RE: Scalebar reverting to bottom left corner of map/page

Posted 06-16-2019 22:21
    Hi @Jason Kroeger - thanks for the additional details, might be worth the PB Technical Support team digging a bit more to completely understand the problem you're experiencing.  I'll create a Support Case for you with the details we've been discussing here & have a team member reach out to discuss further (including options for Layout scalebars). Thanks​, Ashley

Ashley Crane
    Regional Director, Software Support
    Pitney Bowes