MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Map Layout Help

Posted 01-24-2019 11:31
    Hello,

Apologies if this has been covered before, I have searched the forum and have not found an answer.

I am not an experienced MapInfo user, though I have to output a series of location plans for work.

I am running version 16.0 64 Bit.

I have a layout tab with 16 pages each showing a map of a different area, when I created I new page a simply copy and pasted the frame, title and legend to the next page. I then used the search function (ctrl+f) to search for the desired object and create a new location plan. Now when I open the workspace all the pages of the layout update to show whatever location is open in the map window and I lose all my location plans.

Have I done something wrong in setting up each page in the layout? Does copying and pasting the frame mean they all lock to the same view in the map window?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Eoin Lyttle
    Knowledge Community Shared Account

• 2.  RE: Map Layout Help

Posted 01-24-2019 12:01
    Have you changed the Frame Name to a unique name? Right click > Frame Properties
    Otherwise it will think it's the same frame?

Emma Daniel
    CDR Group
    HOPE VALLEY United Kingdom

• 3.  RE: Map Layout Help

Posted 01-24-2019 12:07
    There is no option for frame name in my version. (Mapinfo Pro 16.0 64 Bit)

I have started again and it looks like each page is an individual map, rather than the same map with different layouts? I'm going to work with this and see what happens.

Eoin Lyttle

• 4.  RE: Map Layout Help

Employee
    Posted 01-24-2019 16:14
    Make sure you do not use Ctrl + Shift + F which means zoom to selection in all windows.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Pitney Bowes

• 5.  RE: Map Layout Help

Posted 01-25-2019 07:11
    I haven't been using that function. The issue is still occurring although I insert a new map frame with each layout page, could it be selecting the "show in front window only" checkbox in the search function?

Eoin Lyttle

• 6.  RE: Map Layout Help

Posted 01-25-2019 09:54
    Yes, make sure to check the Find in Front Window Only check box. Otherwise the object is searched for in all other maps and browser windows with the same table.

Michele Buselli
    PITNEY BOWES SOFTWARE, INC