Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  What is my patch level?!

Posted 12-18-2019 18:40
    Hi Team,

For those of us who inherit a spectrum environment and aren't aware of what patches have been applied, What is the easiest way to find this out? (18.2, SSA and Platform)

Sorry if this is written somewhere, i can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

Thanks
    Kieran

------------------------------
    Kieran McGowan
    IT/GIS Officer
    Corangamite Shire Council

• 2.  RE: What is my patch level?!

Posted 12-19-2019 08:40
    Edited by Monica Di Martino 12-19-2019 09:23
    HI @Kieran McGowan,

Spectrum and Spectrum Spatial (Analyst) updates and patches are all available from this page - just select your release on the left and scroll the page http://support.pb.com/help/spectrum/ProductUpdateSummary/index.html#ProductUpdateSummary/source/Introduction.html

The documentation is here https://www.pitneybowes.com/us/support/products/software/spectrum-technology-platform-support.html.html?reference

There are patches for release 2018.2.
    Release 2019.1 has just been released  (December 2019)so we don't have patches at the moment. 

Thanks
    Monica

Monica Di Martino
    EMEA LI/GIS Presales Engineer
    Pitney Bowes Software

• 3.  RE: What is my patch level?!

Posted 12-19-2019 08:49
    Edited by Monica Di Martino 12-19-2019 09:24
    Hi @Kieran McGowan

for understanding what is the release and patch you have installed:

- Spectrum (any release), go to Spectrum Management Console, go to Version for reading the release and patch numbers.

- Spectrum Spatial Analyst 2018.2, go to Admin Console, read the full release number in the bottom left of the UI. 

thanks
    Monica

Monica Di Martino
    Pitney Bowes Software

• 4.  RE: What is my patch level?!

Posted 12-19-2019 16:51
    @Monica Di Martino Thank you for the reply. 

Neither suggestion shows me what current patch i am on unfortunately. 

I want to fully patch, before updating to 2019.1, or is this necessary?

Thanks
    Kieran

Kieran McGowan
    IT/GIS Officer
    Camperdown

• 5.  RE: What is my patch level?!

Posted 12-19-2019 17:18
    Kieran,
    Generally for Spectrum (not Analyst) , each patch has an associated .rls file (release file) that has a short description of what was fixed. The instructions with the patch have you copy all this into the <installdir> folder so you should see them there right at the root.   They would indicate what patches have been installed. Note that it is possible to copy the patch binary files without these so if someone did that, there really is no way to tell. But they are probably there.

That said, in general the new release does not care about patches from the old release as it will replace everything. The only case where this would be an issue is that the upgrade installer is going to try and maintain properties that were set by the admin and carry them over to the new product after it installs the new version. So if some property was added in a patch the upgrade code might not find it if the patch was not applied.  This is rare and hopefully the upgrade installer blithely ignores this. 
    As you are a Spectrum Spatial user, there are no cases of this in 2018 for the Spatial (LIM) module.  I can't generally speak for other modules, but like I said this is rare and would be a bug if the upgrade failed because of it.
    I would suggest you  check patches as that is important to know about but that you should not have any worries if one is missing for the upgrade.
    Since there are significant changes in 2019.1, I hope you have read about the need to supply your own Java and read the install instructions carefully.
    The Analyst installer completely replaces the old version.  Note the important information about migration of the project, profile and other configuration files from the Analyst install folders into the Spatial Repository.

Eric Blasenheim
    Spectrum Spatial Technical Product Manager
    Troy, NY

• 6.  RE: What is my patch level?!

Posted 12-19-2019 18:01
    Thank you Eric, I'm 90% sure on what patch i am on with assistance from PD support, and comparing the downloaded patch files with whats in the s/w folder structure. 

I would suggest a better way to record or tag this information within the product than checking if an independent file exists or not. Although i do now see the rls file install instructions online, that information wasn't mentioned in any of the PDF documents which accompanied the patches SO1->SO4

Anyway that should get the ball rolling thanks Eric (and Edwin @ PD support)

​​

Kieran McGowan
    IT/GIS Officer
    Camperdown

• 7.  RE: What is my patch level?!

Posted 12-20-2019 03:00
    Hi @Kieran McGowan

as Eric wrote you need to look at the .rls files in the Spectrum installation folder. I didn't catch up your question - sorry :-)  Keep in touch!​

Monica Di Martino
    Pitney Bowes

• 8.  RE: What is my patch level?!

Posted 01-06-2020 02:14
    Adding to the information provided to know the Spectrum Technology Platform patches, the following information can come handy while determining the patch level for Spectrum Spatial Analyst 2018.2:

1.   If you have applied S01 patch, it will be reflected at the bottom of Administration console UI:
    administration console view

2.  If you have applied S03 patch,  it will be reflected at the "project home page > Option button" inside the connect application:

connect view
    3. UI does not get updates for S02, S03 and S04 in step 1. Similarly, UI does not get updates for S04 in step 2.

Nalin Mathur
    Pitney Bowes Software India PVT. Ltd
    Noida