Automate

View Only
  • 1.  BAPI ROUTING_MAINTAIN

Posted 01-27-2021 15:43

Hello,
    I am trying to create a direct script using the ROUTING_MAINTAIN function module.

Just as a test I'm passing the material number, plant, group counter and a change master number and the operation / activity number. The field I am changing is the operation short text description.

It's throwing an error stating the FLAG_BAR_POINTER is missing.

When I select this I have no idea what the value for it should be? Winshuttle says it's 20 characters.

when I check SAP it says it's a numc data type with a length of 10.

Any ideas on what needs to go here?

Thanks,

Derek

------------------------------
    Derek Sayres | SAP PLM Business Analyst

• 2.  RE: BAPI ROUTING_MAINTAIN

Posted 01-27-2021 15:51

Just a little more info - part of the reason I want to use the function module is so I can update more than just the operation short text I have in the description. It looks like this could be used for modifying existing routing steps, creating new ones and deleting old ones based off the values for MAINTAIN_MODE. To record all this would be difficult since routings have so many different fields, (interoperation times, splits, overlaps, etc...).

Thanks,

Derek

Derek Sayres | SAP PLM Business Analyst

• 3.  RE: BAPI ROUTING_MAINTAIN

Employee
    Posted 01-27-2021 19:06
    Hi Derek

That's not one of the BAPIs/rFMs I've tried before, so I googled it.  

This post had an input example : https://answers.sap.com/questions/12330618/fm-routingmaintain-counter-in-consistence-with-sta.html 

It says to enter:  FLAG_BAR_POINTER = '0000000001'  and Increase the value for multiple item +1

So it looks to be a sequence number.  I think you can just use 1,2,3 and use zero padding, which is the default for padding.

Hope that helps,
    Sigrid

Sigrid Kok
    PSE | Winshuttle NA