MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Select by Attribute in MapInfo Pro v2021: number of fields in column area

Posted 04-11-2022 14:45
    Hello, I've very appreciated the Select by Attribute, it's a useful cmd, it was in my wish list.
    I don't understand how MIPRO defines the numbers of fields in the column area.
    I know there is a limit of 40 fields and there is a priority for indexed columns, that's ok.
    In some cases, for similar layers, with similar number of columns/indexed columns, MIPRO shows several fields of a layer, in other cases just a few fields. 
    What's the rule?
    Ok, there's the button "plus" to add other fields one by one but could I set the number of fields to show when I select a layer in the menu at the top of the window?
    Thanks.
    Michele

------------------------------
    Michele Burgalossi
    Geo Marketing SRL
    CINISELLO BALSAMO

• 2.  RE: Select by Attribute in MapInfo Pro v2021: number of fields in column area

Employee
    Posted 04-19-2022 04:15
    Hi

If there are more than 40 columns in the table, MapInfo Pro will only show the indexed columns.

Hopefully, this is what you see. If you have two identical tables with regards to the number of columns and the number of indexed columns, they should appear in the same way in the Select by Attribute dialog.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Principal Presales Consultant | Distinguished Engineer
    Precisely | Trust in Data

• 3.  RE: Select by Attribute in MapInfo Pro v2021: number of fields in column area

Employee
    Posted 04-20-2022 09:30
    Hi Michele,

As Peter says we show up to 40 fields. If there is more than 40 we show indexed fields (also up to 40).
    In v2021.1 we have improved the "Add Condition"  dialog "Plus button" to allow adding multiple fields. You can also search to find fields.
    This is very helpful when a table can have up to 1000 fields.

-Bob

Bob Fortin
    Software Architect and Distinguished Engineer
    MapInfo Pro Development Team

• 4.  RE: Select by Attribute in MapInfo Pro v2021: number of fields in column area

Posted 04-21-2022 03:35
    Many thanks, Peter & Bob!
    I hope Precisely add new bottons to select all the fields to add (just in one shot) up to 100 or other limits and to unselect/remove single fields.
    It would be very appreciated an anchorage to the main window (like SQL window).
    However it is a great new function!
    Michele

Michele Burgalossi
    Geo Marketing SRL
    CINISELLO BALSAMO