Automate

View Only
  • 1.  Studio Download From SAP and Load In Same Script

Posted 03-29-2021 17:24
    Hello All,

I was attempting a Transaction script that has a Download From SAP for a Quantity field and then trying to use that same column further in the mapping to load.  Trying this is causing my script to fail as it looks like it is not returning the data from SAP quick enough, so the load is failing because it needs the data.  Is this a speed thing or does the download from SAP happen as the script's "save" is happening? 

I do know I can have multiple scripts accomplish this, but trying limit the chaining.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Scott Gorski
    General Mills | Process Automation Developer

• 2.  RE: Studio Download From SAP and Load In Same Script

Posted 03-30-2021 08:36
    Hi Scott -

The download does not happen until the script is completing, so you cannot download and upload in the same script, while trying to use the results of the download for how the upload is done. It needs to be done in two separate steps / scripts.

Thanks!

Jennifer Hwang | SE
    Winshuttle North America

• 3.  RE: Studio Download From SAP and Load In Same Script

Posted 03-30-2021 09:30
    Thanks for the quick response Jennifer!

Scott Gorski
    General Mills | Process Automation Developer

• 4.  RE: Studio Download From SAP and Load In Same Script

Posted 04-14-2021 03:09

Hi Scott,
    Jennifer's suggestion is best to work with but I also found a way that could work in same script.

I am not sure, if that may work in the specific template you are using, but mine worked with for example VK12 changing some price conditions.
    What i did was i duplicated the exact column from the expert view, and mapped one as download in a column and another as upload in another column.
    I kept the download column ahead of the upload column, so while running i managed to get the old values, and upload new one.

I have not tested this with Loop, and yes doing so made my script run a bit slower. So that maybe the price one would have to pay. Also might not work in your specific t-code.
    BR,
    Manoj

Manoj Adhikari | Pricing Analyst
    Metso Oy | +358440526010