Automate

View Only
  • 1.  PIR Scale pricing - GUI Scripting Error for 1 script user

Posted 05-12-2021 05:08
    Hello,
    I have GUI Script which updates price scales in PIR (ME12). 
    It works for me and 1 of co-worker, fails for 2nd co-worker with error: The control could not be found by ID. 

Error from what I can see is triggerred on the step when prices should be loaded into SAP (2). Quantities loads normally(1).

Do you know what can be wrong here? SAP settings/WS Settings are the same for both of us.  

I attach you both files from my WS and my co-worker WS. I cut the data regarding vendor, material number and plant on purpose.

------------------------------
    Robert Dudziak | Senior Procurement Operations Analyst
    Kimberly-Clark Corporation |

• 2.  RE: PIR Scale pricing - GUI Scripting Error for 1 script user

Posted 05-12-2021 07:42
      |   view attached
    Hi Robert,
    I'm not sure where your upload fails, the script itself would help to figure that out, but why not use a loop on a regular transaction script ? See attached file ME12_scales.txr.
    I've been using this method for some time now, it works perfectly. One thing: in kol G (scale qty) you must start with the largest qty and continue with descending qties.

good luck with it !
    best regards, jan

jan ketele | Sr engineer release mgt
    Xeikon Manufacturing NV |

Attachment(s)

Txr
    ME12_scales.Txr   1.17 MB 1 version

• 3.  RE: PIR Scale pricing - GUI Scripting Error for 1 script user

Posted 05-13-2021 15:02
    Hi Robert -

It's hard to tell without the script, can you attach?

Thanks

Jennifer Hwang | SE
    Winshuttle North America

• 4.  RE: PIR Scale pricing - GUI Scripting Error for 1 script user

Posted 05-14-2021 02:09
      |   view attached
    Hi All, 
    Sorry I was sure I attached it as well  in the initial post :). Here it is now.

• 5.  RE: PIR Scale pricing - GUI Scripting Error for 1 script user

Posted 05-14-2021 09:24
    Hi Robert -

I think it might be line 29 in the expert view. I believe line 28 is hitting the scales button.  After that you should be in the scales screen filling that out, but line 29 is trying to do another action (not sure what) but it may not be able do that in the scales screen. So I would try disabling that line to see if that changes anything. 

Thanks!

Jennifer Hwang | SE
    Winshuttle North America

• 6.  RE: PIR Scale pricing - GUI Scripting Error for 1 script user

Posted 05-17-2021 05:45
    Hi Jennifer,
    Thanks for your response. I deactivated line 29 and we tried on co-worker PC, same error occurs. We went also further and I also deactivated lines below and still no success. Please also take into consideration that for other 2 users script (without any changes) works flawlessly. I just started to wonder if it's not caused by any of SAP/excel/PC settings. Quantities in scales are updated, pricing column is not, and error is thrown. Do you maybe have an idea what SAP/excel/pc setting can interfere here? I would be super thankful for any help :). 

• 7.  RE: PIR Scale pricing - GUI Scripting Error for 1 script user

Posted 05-25-2021 15:05
    Hello Robert,

Usually if the script works for some users and not others, that tells me there is a SAP default that differs.  It could be something in the transaction you recorded that has a default checkbox, or something of that nature, that is set for one user and not the other and the script does not include that default value.  I am not familiar with ME12 to know if that is true.

Another option might be to see if the user's Decimal Notation is different in SAP, where it is expecting a comma and not a decimal point.  Transaction is SU3 and check the Defaults tab.  I am not sure if this is the issue, as I think SAP would return a different error message, but it should not be much to check.

If you could, I would have the user run the file in Debug Mode while you watch to see where it is failing.  Depending on your version of Studio and license type, some might not have the Debug option.  

I hope this helps.

Scott Gorski
    General Mills | Process Automation Developer

• 8.  RE: PIR Scale pricing - GUI Scripting Error for 1 script user

Posted 05-26-2021 02:46

Hi Robert,

please check SAP GUI setting for the user.

Scripting should be set, maybe it is not at this users pc.

Kind Regards,
    Jan

Jan van Asseldonk | Consultant
    CTAC | +31629078169

• 9.  RE: PIR Scale pricing - GUI Scripting Error for 1 script user

Posted 06-01-2021 08:50
    Hello Scott and Jan.
    Kind thanks for your responses. SU3 settings are exactly the same for both of us and SAP GUI scriping was enabled at the Winshuttle Set up month ago :). 

Scripts works now, it looks like it malfunctioned only for few days when I created the thread. I am not sure if there was any windows/excel update which solved the issue therefore I cannot post any soltuion for the future.