MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Anyone else having problems with MIP17 freezing?

Posted 07-09-2018 06:03

I've been using MIP16 no problems, but upgraded to 17 when it came out. With some workspaces, the GUI just won't work - clicking icons and menus mostly does nothing, although occasionally if I minimise and then restore the window it may do something.

The only menu tab I can open is the home menu. If I click on any other menu tab (and then minimise and restore the window) it will open the home menu anyway. Sometimes some of the tools are greyed out, so even if MIP would let me do something, I couldn't select those options anyway.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled MIP already. My colleague is using MIP17 and does not have any problems, so I checked my computer - installed all updates and updated all the drivers. I also checked the memory usage, and with MIP and a few other programs running, only half of my RAM is being used, so it's not that.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I really need to be able to use MIP for work.

TIA.

• 2.  RE: Anyone else having problems with MIP17 freezing?

Posted 07-10-2018 06:23

Did you install with Administrator rights? In Windows Explorer select the setup.exe and right-click - choose the option "Run as administrator".?

• 3.  RE: Anyone else having problems with MIP17 freezing?

Employee
    Posted 07-10-2018 20:06

Hi Frances,

If you're still experiencing the freezing behavior after the reinstall send me a message or email software.support@pb.com and we can arrange a remote session to investigate further.

Cheers,

Jon

• 4.  RE: Anyone else having problems with MIP17 freezing?

Posted 07-12-2018 18:28

Hey @Reniel Valdes? I'm running Windows 7. All updates have been made - that was one of the first things I did.

The solution @Jonathan Shiel? gave me seems to be working for the most part. If I open the .wor in Notepad and change !Version to !Version 17 I can open and use the workspace most of the time. There are a few times that the workspace will refuse to open and show error messages, in which case I have been rebuilding the workspace from scratch.