Assure DQ

View Only
  • 1.  Assure REST API - results -> by control point

Posted 10-11-2019 12:04

Can I turn off the line items for a REST API transactions in Assure under "results" -> by control point ?

Because we are expecting a high volume of REST API transactions, and so far all these transactions during testing are showing up under "results" -> by control point.  So if you drop 50K transactions, I will have 50K line items and pages and pages of them to scroll.  

• 2.  RE: Assure REST API - results -> by control point

Posted 10-11-2019 13:00

I was reading my post 6 months ago about very similar topic although about files, hopefully this is somewhat different since it is a REST API call. 

• 3.  RE: Assure REST API - results -> by control point

Employee
    Posted 10-19-2019 08:39

API control point calls, either SOAP or REST, are already selective about creating result catalogs. They only do so when they "must". They "must" when the control point is producing either reports (i.e. a control report is turned on by default or in validation actions) or results (i.e. a "my thing is out of balance" result). The only way to get to these is via a result catalog, so the system must create it. If the control points only make these things when there is a problem instead of what sounds like all the time, then the only catalogs that would appear would be those with a problem. This also has the benefit of reducing API processing time, database space usage, and minimizing retention efforts for the entity.