MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Add duplicate nodes to adjacent polygons

Posted 05-07-2020 06:05
    I have a requirement to reshape some polygon data. This includes adding nodes to the polygon boundary. The polygon boundary is shared by two polygons. Is there a way of adding nodes so that the added node becomes part of both polygons? Having to add the node manually to both polygons before making positional changes is very time consuming.

I am aware that I could use 'clean gaps and overlaps' once I have completed my edits, however this is less than ideal as I have many hundreds of edits to make and these involve making some parts of each polygon larger and some smaller.

------------------------------
    Richard Cantwell
    Gamma
    DUBLIN 8
    Ireland

• 2.  RE: Add duplicate nodes to adjacent polygons

Posted 05-08-2020 06:41
    Hi Richard,

Within the Editing tab of Map Preferences there is an option to move duplicate nodes in the same layer.  Within the 64-bit versions of MapInfo these preferences can be found in the backstage options under "Map Window".

James Nolet
    Dooley Mitchell & Morrison Pty Ltd
    Mentone, VIC, Australia

• 3.  RE: Add duplicate nodes to adjacent polygons

Posted 05-08-2020 07:44
    Hi James,

Thanks for that, however I do not need to move duplicate nodes, I need to create them.

Richard Cantwell
    Gamma
    DUBLIN 8
    Ireland

• 4.  RE: Add duplicate nodes to adjacent polygons

Posted 05-08-2020 08:58
    Sorry, I thought that might help with your edits.  What version of MapInfo are you using?  In the latest versions the Add Node tool stays "On", making it easier to add new nodes.  With Snap also on, you can easily select one polygon, add the node, then click on the neighbouring polygon and add the duplicate node.  Reducing this to a single click would require a custom tool I believe.

James Nolet
    Dooley Mitchell & Morrison Pty Ltd
    Mentone, VIC, Australia