Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  Workflow

Posted 06-30-2021 09:24

Does Govern workflow allow for a task to be sent to a group of people to vote (reject/approve) on a business asset record?  I would like to send an email to our stewards when a business term status has been changed to proposed and allow the group of stewards time to respond with voting (reject/approve) and add a comment if necessary.  Then, as the administrator, I can collectively see the results and will manually change the business asset record status to Approved (if all stewards approved) or Identified (if 1 steward rejected).

I currently send a spreadsheet list of business terms via email.  Looking for a systematic way to track and collect the stewards results.

• 2.  RE: Workflow

Posted 07-05-2021 00:15

Yes! 

You can use the groups functionality to create a user group that includes all the stewards and then use that group in the workflow.

You can set the approval part of the flow to ensure ALL or 1st response, it sounds like you want ALL stewards to approve / vote before the flow move on to the next step, an email to you (specific user) letting you know that everyone had "Approved" the workflow.

Approval can mean anything you want it to mean , it simply means a form will be sent to that user or group and that you will be able to see their "Feedback / Approval" - You will get a full log of this on the workflow tab on the record/term.

You can take this a step further and even get the emails to yourself to contain all the feedback and then use a Form/Approval to yourself to set the final value of a field form with the workflow itself.