Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Preset transparency/translucency/opacity levels for vector layers

Posted 12-09-2019 01:27
    Edited by George Corea 12-09-2019 01:33
    While the Map Uploader has never supported transparency in older versions of SSA you could set the transparency of Business Maps/Map Layers for a CONFIG using the SSA Admin but I can't find a way to do this for Projects for the current version of SSA.

Business Maps no Opacity Control

Base Maps still has a control

I have tried to login as admin and change/save the transparency in the main view before saving the project but it doesn't retain this setting.

Looking in my backups of an old config (not project) I see it had
      <map service="Envinsa-Mapping" friendly-name="Contours 1m (Wider Coverage from TMR 2008)" map-name="Contours_1m_TMR" url="mapping/getmap" show-as="business" tile-width="512" tile-height="512" opacity="0.7" visible="false" show-individual-layers="true" searchWidth="10" repository-path="/DSC/Vector_Data/Relief/Contours/Contours_1m_TMR" cacheAge="3600" />
      <map service="Envinsa-Mapping" friendly-name="Bridges" map-name="Bridges" url="mapping/getmap" show-as="business" tile-width="512" tile-height="512" opacity="1.0" visible="true" show-individual-layers="true" searchWidth="10" repository-path="/DSC/Vector_Data/Infrastructure/Transport/Bridges" cacheAge="3600" />

with opacity="0.7", I could change it to 70% (or 30% I can't remember :)

I tried changing the value in the project files to 0.5 but it didn't work and even if it did would it remain if I use the project settings page to edit the page.

<group name="Test - CHAS Storm Tide Vector">
                <map service="Spectrum-Spatial-Mapping" friendly-name="Test - CHAS Storm Tide Vector" map-name="Test - CHAS Storm Tide Vector" visible="false" opacity="1.0" tile-width="512" tile-height="512" resourceID="/Beta_Testing/Test - CHAS Storm Tide Vector" extents-left="0.0" extents-bottom="0.0" extents-right="0.0" extents-top="0.0" search-width="10" cache-age="3600" copyright="2019 DRAFT TEST DATA from CHAS Project - Not for external use">
                    <layer-list>
                        <layer type="FeatureLayer" name="Storm Tide - Likely" resourceID="/Beta_Testing/Test - CHAS Storm Tide Vector_Layers/Storm Tide - Likely" extents-left="0.0" extents-bottom="0.0" extents-right="0.0" extents-top="0.0" visible="false" opacity="0.5">
                            <table>/Beta_Testing/StormTide_2018_Likely</table>
                            <tile-height>0</tile-height>
                            <tile-width>0</tile-width>
                            <search-width>0</search-width>
                            <basic-properties>
                                <enable-map-information>true</enable-map-information>
                                <search-width>10</search-width>
                            </basic-properties>
                            <query enable="true" enable-csv-export="true"/>
                        </layer>

Is there a workaround?

Ideally we just shouldn't lose functionality when SSA upgrades....

------------------------------
    George Corea
    Mangoesmapping

• 2.  RE: Preset transparency/translucency/opacity levels for vector layers

Posted 12-09-2019 01:46
    Hi George,

Thank you for reaching out to the community to seek answers to your query!

As you have already tried it, the "Opacity" settings can be used to preset the opacity of a vector layer. 

We have seen people reporting the behaviour that the opacity setting s are not retained with the saving of the map project. Once they apply the S01 patch to Spectrum Spatial Analyst 2018.2, they do not face this problem anymore.

I would request you to apply S01 patch and check the same.

Here is a list of download links of patches and instructions available to apply them for Spectrum Spatial Analyst 2018.2:

Go to this link and search for "Spatial Analyst Application" -  http://support.pb.com/help/spectrum/ProductUpdateSummary/index.html#ProductUpdateSummary/source/SummaryTable-2018.2.0.html

Nalin Mathur
    Pitney Bowes Software India PVT. Ltd
    Noida