Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  Please Explain Environment Copies

Posted 01-05-2021 10:38

Can you please tell me what I should expect when an environment is copied?  I was thinking that only the configurations would have been moved, but it appears that all of the data has been replaced as well.  I am a new customer and I have just requested my first copy of DEV to PROD and the results were not what I expected.

• 2.  RE: Please Explain Environment Copies

Employee
    Posted 01-05-2021 12:36

An environment copy is a database-side clone of one environment to another. The second environment becomes an exact copy of the first, with the exception of SSO setup and API tokens. SSO and API tokens will remain the same before and after a clone.

The environment copies can be performed in either direction: DEV up to PROD or PROD down to DEV. The only prerequisite is that the two environments need to be on the same product version. DEV and UAT environments get product updates a few days sooner than PROD environments, and updates occur roughly once month. Updates to the Govern product are posted to our Govern Announcements section.

As part of a separate process, we also keep backups of environments. If you'd like to restore the PROD environment to a point prior to the clone, I'll create a ticket on your behalf.

• 3.  RE: Please Explain Environment Copies

Posted 01-19-2021 05:42

We've done several copies and not ALL data is copied over. For example workflow Items. 

Is there a specific document somewhere, that clearly details what is exactly copied from one environment to another? Listing out explicitly the data.

It would clear up a lot of confusion. <x-zendesk-user data-user-name="Gerard Cafaro">364945807128</x-zendesk-user>

• 4.  RE: Please Explain Environment Copies

Employee
    Posted 01-19-2021 14:19

Note: This was originally posted by an inactive account. Content was preserved by moving under an admin account.

Hello Patrick,

I remember your issue where one time the workflow items are not copied that is because for example if you copy prod to uat -  If the users in prod are not users in uat then you don't see the workflow events for users that do not exist in uat.

And moreover, when Environment copy is done we will copy the whole database except users.