Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  installation

Posted 05-18-2020 10:54
    Hi, 

Sorry if this has been covered in depth before but I'm trying to install Spectrum on a new machine.

Platform is installed and up and running  - log file confirms.  License is activated too.  Run install as Administrator.

However when it comes to Spatial install I can't get through the Test Connection section.

I've tried machine name, localhost, IP address.  All come back with "Connection Failed".

I turned off all firewalls (briefly) same result.  

Is the password for 2109 the same as the old one?

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Nick

------------------------------
    Nick Hall
    Mapchester LTD
    nick.hall@mapchester.co.uk

• 2.  RE: installation

Posted 05-18-2020 10:58
    ​Nick, what is the status of Spatial Manager? What you are showing here is the install of the Analyst application and when it tests for Spectrum Spatial, something is not OK. 
    You say Spectrum is ok because of log files. So I assume you can launch the Spectrum Welcome page (generally host:8080 assuming you used that port) and then you go launch the Spatial Manager from the Spatial Utilities tab. Does that work? Does it show the default repository?

Eric Blasenheim
    Spectrum Spatial Technical Product Manager
    Troy, NY

• 3.  RE: installation

Posted 05-18-2020 12:16
    Eric,

Thanks for the quick response.  I can launch the welcome page at localhost8080. However, i have no tabs specifically called Spatial Utilities.  And I cant see in any other of the options for Spatial Manager either under any of the other links.

Is there any other way to launch it?

Nick

Nick Hall
    Mapchester LTD

• 4.  RE: installation

Posted 05-18-2020 12:28
    Edited by Eric Blasenheim 05-18-2020 12:29
    ​On that welcome page, there are "vertical tabs" or selectors or you can click on the part of the page that says "Spectrum Spatial" .
    On that Spectrum Spatial page, there are horizontal tabs called "Spatial Services", "Utilities" and 3 more.
    Click the Utilities tab and the first option should be a button that say "Open the Spatial Manager"
    That will launch the authentication dialog (or if you are already in Management Console it will skip that) where you enter the admin credentials which should be the default unless you changed them.
    You should then see the repository with your default folders, Configuration and Samples

Your folders will just be Configuration and Samples

Eric Blasenheim
    Troy, NY

• 5.  RE: installation

Posted 05-18-2020 12:37
    Apologies.  It's probably the way I am describing it.  On the Spectrum spatial tab it says "not installed"

The Test Connection issue I am having from my original post occurs whilst I am trying to install Spectrum Spatial.  The Spectrum Platform seems to be fine.  It's installing Spatial which is causing me the problems. 

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Nick

Nick Hall
    Mapchester LTD

• 6.  RE: installation

Posted 05-18-2020 12:54
    Here's what is happening.
    (short version).  When you installed Spectrum, there were checkboxes for various modules. It looks like you did not check the Spectrum Spatial and Routing checking or if you did, it failed to install. That is why on the welcome page, it says it is not installed.
    The part you have been testing (also called Spectrum Spatial) is the web application part that you previously knew as Spectrum Spatial Analyst. There is no point to try and installing it until the Spectrum Spatial services are running in Spectrum.  That is why the test connection fails, because Spectrum Spatial can't be contacted.
    (long story)
    The naming here is a bit confusing, I agree. We want and do sell the product "Spectrum Spatial" as one thing, one purchase and there are many ways they are connected.
    Architecturally, however, there are two very different parts.
    The module in Spectrum called Spectrum Spatial (formerly Location Intelligence Module) supplies all the services that render maps, query data and store the definitions of the tables, layers, map, tiles, projects…. that are needed and need to be managed for scalability sometimes onto many machines.
    The visible web mapping application talks to those services. That is the Analyst application that supplies the user interface, the controls for adding content, zooming, panning and a number of user extensible options. That installs separately as it is a client of Spectrum Spatial services. If you were scaling this product to hundreds of users, you might want to run the application on multiple boxes but those loads would be different than the loads on the Spectrum server.
    I hope this makes sense but back to the issue, Spectrum Spatial was not installed when you installed Spectrum.

Eric Blasenheim
    Troy, NY

• 7.  RE: installation

Posted 05-18-2020 13:05
    I kind of did understand the architecture but it looks like the dependencies and naming convention has confused me.  either that or in my rush/excitement I missed the tick box during the installation.  Many thanks for your help.  I shall start again!!

Nick

Nick Hall
    Mapchester LTD