Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Load a backed up Spectrum folder

Posted 05-14-2020 04:48
    I was given an MWS and also the backup of a spectrum config

I loaded it using cli

limrepo import --s D:\Projects\Release\Australia\nsw\_spectruitneybowesdata\StreetPro\Australia\nsw

I then created a connection to point to the root of the folder where the tab data is

I then had to fix the datasource in each of the tables so I got

I then noticed the map doesn't load

and also 

How do I fix this with cli.cmd and spectrum? or how do I load the MWS file into spectrum?

Should I have changed the location to which the import wrote the data in cli.cmd? or changed the FilePath in nsw_streetproconnection.xml?
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><NamedConnection xmlns="http://www.mapinfo.com/mxp" xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml" version="MXP_NamedResource_1_5"><FileConnection><ConnectionName>connection1</ConnectionName><FilePath>zspectrumconnectionz/Australia/nsw</FilePath></FileConnection></NamedConnection>

Regards,

------------------------------
    George Corea
    Mangoesmapping

• 2.  RE: Load a backed up Spectrum folder

Posted 05-14-2020 08:53
    Mr. Corea,
    Sorry for these problems. I am not following completely.
    You mentioned that you were given the MWS file but I assume you did not try to use that. That's good.
    The path on the import does look strange though: "spectruitneybowesdata" gI think that is supposed to say: "spectrum\pitneybowesdata" which concerns me in case the backslash is being handled as an escape character.

The named resource files (what I think you called the configuration) are shipped with the product and should all work after import by just changing the named connection so that it points to wherever you installed the .TAB file data.  That is the only piece we cannot possibly now when the product is shipped. There should be no reason to edit any other named entities.
    At one time there was an installer for this that updated that connection file before import so you did not have to adjust it. I have heard that this has been discontinued. I also have heard that Australia production might be a bit separate. 
    Some streetpros used some common files like the "world" and "ocean" and without an installer, I am not sure where those are.
    Here's how I would go about this:
    Remove everything you have done from the Spatial repoistory for this streetpro, connections and everything else. 
    Run the cli import again pointing the command the root of the named resources. This used to be the "pitneybowesdata" so unless that has changed, that would look like this:
    limrepo import --s D:\Projects\Release\Australia\nsw\_spectrumspatial
    The first folder in the repository would then be "pitneybowesdata"
    Then go into the named connection and fix it (you can also do that before the import by editing XML but that is up to you)
    THen test the nws named tables and layers. They should all work,
    If the map does not work, it is probably because of some of the shared files. I would have to test where those are in the install. Last time I saw this, the named tables for these would say something like "..\" to point to the parallel folder or the one above.
    I will try and get my hands on a NSW streetpro and look.

Eric Blasenheim
    Spectrum Spatial Technical Product Manager
    Troy, NY

• 3.  RE: Load a backed up Spectrum folder

Posted 05-14-2020 13:30
    Mr. Corea,
    I just went and installed NSW StreetPro from March and did what I indicated and all worked after filling in the connection path. ​The critical piece seems to be putting in the path up to but not below "_spectrumspatial" as I indicated.  This is because all the named resource XML files are at this root. 
    This creates a folder structure in the repository that everything is point to. While I see no reason to change it, if that structure does not work for you for some reason, you can move things in Spatial Manager and it will correct all the references.  Not recommending it because the next time you get an update, you would have to do it again.

Eric Blasenheim
    Troy, NY

• 4.  RE: Load a backed up Spectrum folder

Posted 05-14-2020 18:32
    Thanks Eric,

I tried to delete everything and then load the data to the Release\Australia\nsw\_spectrumspatial level.

I then changed the path of the connection to C:\public_ftp\ftpuser\d\Projects\xxx\Release level.

But I still get broken links

I notice there is also data at a lower level (Release\_basemaps)

I have to change the location to be like the following but from your message I understood that I shouldn't need to do this.

Thanks.

George Corea
    Mangoesmapping

• 5.  RE: Load a backed up Spectrum folder

Posted 05-14-2020 18:55
    Can you share the import command you used?

Eric Blasenheim
    Troy, NY

• 6.  RE: Load a backed up Spectrum folder

Posted 05-14-2020 19:00
    spectrum> limrepo import --s D:\Projects\xxxx\Release\Australia\nsw\_spectrumspatial

I've just changed the xxx to keep the client confidential in this public forum but happy to share details with you via PM if it's better.

FYI

'D:\Projects' is the same as 'C:\public_ftp\ftpuser\d\Projects' on this system. I had to use C: in Spectrum as it doesn't allow mapped drives.

George Corea
    Mangoesmapping

• 7.  RE: Load a backed up Spectrum folder

Posted 05-14-2020 19:37
    The connection should point to the folder where the NSW data tables are. Not above it. The named tables for the _basemaps use ..\..\_basemaps in their path. ​

Eric Blasenheim
    Troy, NY