Data360 Govern

View Only
  • 1.  View all Submitted Workflows for a given Action Type

Posted 12-29-2021 13:29

Hello-

We are trying to perform metrics on submitted workflows. (Ex: What percent of our requests were marked as "critical") 

Within the Govern UI, the workflow pane export shows the name of the workflow and asset it was kicked off from, but not the form values entered by the user. 

We tried using APIs/Analyze but I'm not seeing an API that allows this. The 'steps' API is close but doesn't show the initial form entires. Is there a way to do this? 

• 2.  RE: View all Submitted Workflows for a given Action Type

Employee
    Posted 12-29-2021 14:40

Do you have a copy of your Action Type UID that the workflow is associated with? If so, you can use it as a parameter within the GET /api/v2/actions endpoint to return a list of the values submitted, such as criticality. If you don't the Action Type UID already, you can retrieve it by running the GET /api/v2/actions/types endpoint first and filter for the Action Type's name associated with the workflow in question (see screenshot below). The UID shown below the name is the UID of the Action, which could also be searched in an empty GET /api/v2/actions endpoint call to get its associated Action Type UID. 

The key to getting the extra details / values returned from the GET /api/v2/actions endpoint is to specify the actionTypeUid parameter. Without it, the details aren't returned. However, if the API call is made for a specific Action Type, then the values will be returned. Here's an example from the API UI in my internal instance:

And the response with some fields trimmed to keep it cleaner to paste:

{
    "pageSize": 5,
    "pageNum": 1,
    "total": 14,
    "items": [
    {
    "Uid": "5cc80c3d-1466-463a-b482-40db3e76c9cd",
    "ActionTypeUid": "331d2417-150f-41b6-9228-df6c884d317f",
    "ActionTypeName": "API Test",
    "CreatedOn": "2021-12-29T20:48:29.903Z",
    "ProblemDesc": "<p>test for api field lookups</p>",
    "Criticality": "Critical",
    },

• 3.  RE: View all Submitted Workflows for a given Action Type

Posted 01-04-2022 08:27

Thank you! I was focusing under 'workflows' and not 'actions'. Appreciate the help!