MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  MapInfo Pro17 drive time functionality: questions about travel time options

Posted 06-21-2018 07:16

As a partner who has always been used to work with Routefinder within MapInfo and is setting up own speed models based on Tomtomdata, I would like to know more about the source of the historical traffiic in the DriveTime functionality in order to compare methodologies and avise our clients about it. The country we are mostly working in, is Belgium.

I saw that there is not a lot of explanation about the different options in the help function. It only says: none, Am peak, Pm peak, off peak, night, and none. API documentation on the developer hub gives more info about the exact timeslots during the day, but is this an average of all days of the week - so a combination of weekdays and weekend days?

Is the source of these data also Tomtom?

• 2.  RE: MapInfo Pro17 drive time functionality: questions about travel time options

Employee
    Posted 06-21-2018 23:24

Yes it uses TomTom data for Belgium.

@Balkrishan Nagpal?  Can you please provide more details on exact timeslots and confirm if this is an average of all days of the week - so a combination of weekdays and weekend days.

• 3.  RE: MapInfo Pro17 drive time functionality: questions about travel time options

Posted 06-22-2018 06:16

As per my understanding this is an average of all days (i.e. combination of weekdays and weekend days). Data team is the owner of the code where all this processing takes place. May be @Aditya Pathak? from Data team can confirm this and can add more details if required.

• 4.  RE: MapInfo Pro17 drive time functionality: questions about travel time options

Posted 06-22-2018 07:32

Yes I would very much like to get a confirmation and also know more. Confirmation about whether it uses the Tomtom speedprofiles as a basis, which I think are based on the average of the last two years or any given timeslot.

I would also like to know what is meant by the option "none". In the developer documentation is is said: "None= the default value. HIstoric data is not used in the calculation. Instead an averaged value is used". Is this the same as the "kph" value in Tomtom? Or is it based on something else?

• 5.  RE: MapInfo Pro17 drive time functionality: questions about travel time options

Posted 06-25-2018 03:11

@Els Lievois? - yes, the source data that we use is the TomTom Speed Profile data. The same is reduced to averaged out time-buckets as per the present spec. Give me some time and I can try and get you the exact bucket values too. Am out of office today .. will resume tomorrow and try and get you the required info . thanks

• 6.  RE: MapInfo Pro17 drive time functionality: questions about travel time options

Posted 06-26-2018 07:31

The Historic Speed Profile routing ERM data consists of the following speed columns: AMPeak, PMPeak, Off Peak/Inter Peak, Night Time and Seven Day. These consist of time-interval wise aggregates of all 7 days of the week. "*Peak" columns contain the min values of the range and other columns have average values.

e.g. AMPeak would carry the "Min [ Min(Sunday morning speed), Min(Monday morning speed)...so on for 7 days ] "

Night Time column carries the Free Flow speeds. Seven Day carries average speed values of all days of the week and all time buckets.

The RouteFinder Network data carries another additional column called "Speed" . This column is populated using a Roadclass wise modeled routing speed (without using TomTom Speed Profiles).

Hope this info helps!

• 7.  RE: MapInfo Pro17 drive time functionality: questions about travel time options

Posted 07-03-2018 09:58

I will have to check for the speed column in the Routefinder Network, I wasn't aware of this....

But thank you very much for this answer, it clarifies a lot!