MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Creating a new layer on SSA

Posted 09-17-2020 20:24
    Hi, I have been asked to create a new layer on SSA showing the locations of our new  water fountains. I have created the .tab layer on MapInfo, but I do not know how to transfer over to show on  Spectrum so that our staff can turn  on and off  to display on the maps as required.

Thanks in advance

Virginia

------------------------------
    Virginia Ricardo
    [GIS/Draftsperson]
    Riverina Water County Council
    Wagga Wagga NSW

• 2.  RE: Creating a new layer on SSA

Posted 09-18-2020 08:00
    Hi Virginia
    The easiest route is to use the Map Uploader tool in MapInfo.
    Your SSA Administrator should be able to provide you with this and the credentials to connect to the SSA server.
    Construct the data that you want in MapInfo (you can alter style, create thematics and labels) and when ready, post the details to SSA. Do not have any other data open.
    The Uploader doesn't actually upload data - just the details to populate the SSA repository. So the data is likely to be on a server that SSA can access.

John Ievers
    CDR Group
    Hope Valley, United Kingdom

• 3.  RE: Creating a new layer on SSA

Posted 09-19-2020 01:17

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your help. I will talk to our administrator.

Kind Regards

Virginia

.    Virginia Ricardo
    GIS Drafting Officer

www.rwcc.nsw.gov.au

E vricardo@rwcc.nsw.gov.au
    P 02 69220661 | M 0412308401
    91 Hammond Ave (PO Box 456)
    Wagga Wagga NSW 2650 

This email remains the property of Riverina Water County Council. The message is intended for the addressee named and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email. Consider the environment before printing this email.