MapInfo Pro Developers User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Altering printer page size on Layouts - missing page

Posted 02-12-2018 13:09
      |   view attached

Hi,

I'm not sure if this has been raised before I could see any reference.

Pre MIv16, if you had an A3 Landscape layout and you altered the printer page size to A4 portrait, it would show two pages on the layout.

In v16 you only get the first page and are unable to select the second page.

How do you add an extra page to the current layout?

The 'add new page' button just puts a new layout page below not affecting the current layout.See Attachment

• 2.  RE: Altering printer page size on Layouts - missing page

Posted 02-12-2018 09:52

The Layout Designer support for multiple pages is handled differently than the older Layout window.

The older Layout would define number of pages across X number of pages high, at a given page size. And items could span across page boundaries. This acted like a very large piece of paper that contains all of the layout pages.

The newer Layout Designer has 1 or more pages of a given size. Each page is independent. Items do not span across pages.

• 3.  RE: Altering printer page size on Layouts - missing page

Posted 02-12-2018 10:28

Hi Alicia, Previously a client could produce an A3 Landscape layout even if they only had an A4 printer, print two sheets and join them together. Similarly for larger sheets.

I'm sure there are many people who used to produce drawings larger than their printer, could it be possible to have this sort of functionality back.

You can copy and paste the contents of one layout into a new page but you still can't get the second page covering the correct area.

• 4.  RE: Altering printer page size on Layouts - missing page

Posted 02-12-2018 12:35

David,

I will pass along your request to have this functionality added back.

• 5.  RE: Altering printer page size on Layouts - missing page

Posted 02-12-2018 18:09

See Attachment Hi David,

Have you tried using Acrobat to print your tiled output? You can define a large layout size in MapInfo and create a PDF from it. Then, while in Acrobat, you can print it in tiled fashion.

This has advantages in that you can create a single output (PDF) that can be distributed and printed.

In the screenshot above, you can see I created a single layout page that is then tiled into 4 sheets through Acrobat.

Does this work for you?

Thanks,

Eric Robinson - UX Manager

• 6.  RE: Altering printer page size on Layouts - missing page

Posted 02-13-2018 03:43

Thanks for the advice, but I would prefer to see the original multi page printing facility within MapInfo, rather than tell clients they need to go through another process to print oversize sheets.

• 7.  RE: Altering printer page size on Layouts - missing page

Posted 08-07-2018 10:03

UP.

Quotation: "I'm sure there are many people who used to produce drawings larger than their printer, could it be possible to have this sort of functionality back."

Your are definitely right, David!

Did the engineers bring this facility back? I do not see any reason to take out this function that helps so much the users. I`m trying to print a cross section in two A3 sheets (for a better scale) and I just can`t do it anymore.

Please, fix that!