Data360 Analyze

View Only
  • 1.  Send Email with value in message body

Posted 02-17-2021 22:12

In Lavastorm in a message body, I was able to pass values from a previous node when I enclosed the fields with a single quote. looking at the help on this function it does not mention how to do this as it appears the single quote is not performing the same task how to I past information via the message body

eg Helo 'Customer Name'

also a bonus question if I wanted to add the customers name in the subject , can this be done ?

thankyou 

Frank

• 2.  RE: Send Email with value in message body

Posted 02-17-2021 23:39

Hi Frank

You just need to select the "from Field" variant on the MessageBody node property (see below).

The same option is available for the MessageSubject and many of the other Send Email node key properties. 

Regards,

Mario

• 3.  RE: Send Email with value in message body

Posted 02-18-2021 15:35

Mario,

thankyou for the reply, when I tried your suggestion

MessageBody(from Field)

Then typed in the body
     Hello 'Customer Name'
    I get an error
     if I use the just "Message Body" the process is successful but the email would be sent but the email will look like this

Hello 'Customer Name'                  instead of Hello John Smith

Frank
    (Data360 version 3.6.7)

• 4.  RE: Send Email with value in message body

Posted 02-18-2021 18:44

Hi Frank

You can't mix the two methods to populate the MessageBody property. It either needs to be a text literal value, or you need to construct the full message body text upstream in a single field and then reference that field in the MessageBody (with the from Field variant).

Regards,

Mario

• 5.  RE: Send Email with value in message body

Posted 02-18-2021 20:46

Mario,
    I agree with you it's one or the other 
    Write plain text or select an item from a linked feed.
    I believe the options are a bit flawed and need's to change.

In the Dropdown, I chose "Input Fields" then "In1" then selected my item Email_To_Send

this then inserts in the body
    'Email_To_Send'
    but this causes an error when I execute the process
    The correct option is to remove the single quotes automatically generated by the dropdown
    hence it should be
    Email_To_Send

ie without the single quote, this works perfectly

Frank

• 6.  RE: Send Email with value in message body

Posted 02-22-2021 23:27

Hi Frank

I agree, the node should accept input field names surrounded by single-quotes in properties that provide the "from Field" variant. I'll raise a support ticket with Infogix to get this fixed in a future release.

Regards,

Mario