MapInfo Pro

View Only
  • 1.  Bringing Old Thematic Templates into v17.0.1

Posted 11-22-2018 12:19
    ​How can a user bring old "named" Thematic Templates from previous versions of MapInfo into v17.0.1?
    The new version now has numbered templates and a list that displays the name. I presume this is to support the new multi-lingual element of v17.0.1?

------------------------------
    John Ievers
    CDR Group
    Hope Valley, United Kingdom

• 2.  RE: Bringing Old Thematic Templates into v17.0.1

Posted 11-25-2018 17:31
    Hi John,

I am very interested in this as well. Looks like there might need to be functionality added to import a thematic template even for new version templates as this numbered system has made it a bit more involved than needs to be.
    My example of this if we are supplied say some Flood modelling outputs polygons and have been provided the color schemes via mapinfo thematic template they used. how do i get these into 17.0.1? The end user shouldn't have to muck around with config files.
    I look forward to some insights on this one :)

• 3.  RE: Bringing Old Thematic Templates into v17.0.1

Employee
    Posted 11-26-2018 02:49
    Hi John

Yes, the templates have been given numbers instead of names to better support multiple languages.

Unfortunately, this also means that custom templates aren't included in the Template.lst file when you upgrade to v17.

There is however a workaround that is discussed here: Problems with custom theme templates in MapInfo Pro

It's basically a small utility that when run will update the lst file with the custom templates in the template folder.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
    Pitney Bowes

• 4.  RE: Bringing Old Thematic Templates into v17.0.1

Employee
    Posted 11-26-2018 03:47
    MapInfo17.0.1. auto-recognize the *.thm files copied at location %appdata%\MapInfo\MapInfo\Professional\1700\ThmTmplt. you have to copy the old template files in the specified location to bring them into v17.0.1. While auto-recognizing, MapInfo ignores the files having name same as of already recognized thematic templates. 

Note- There could be the case when the old thematic files (which need to be brought into v17.0.1) have the same name as of template name of already present numbered files(name corresponding to number in ThemeTemplate.lst file). In that case MapInfo ignore the newly copied same name files. To resolve this, please rename them (newly copied file) before copying into  specified directory and restart MapInfo.

For example - "Dot Density Default" is corresponding to "0005.thm" file, if you need to copy the "Dot Density Default.thm" file from older MapInfoPro then first rename it to some other name (like - "Dot Density Default-v16.thm" and copy to  %appdata%\MapInfo\MapInfo\Professional\1700\ThmTmplt folder and restart MapInfoPro.

Madhur Sharma
    Knowledge Community Shared Account
    Shelton CT