Spectrum Spatial (SSA/LIM)

View Only
  • 1.  Applinking/node.js in a multi-user, Citrix-like environment

Posted 06-03-2019 05:29

Does anyone have any tips on how to use the SSA Applinking tool (which uses the node.js software) within a multi-user/virtual desktop environment?  We have so far determined that the software cannot be run per user, but must instead be running on each server, since multiple node.js instances are not allowed.  The best way to do this, I believe, would be to launch the software as a service.  I understand that there are many 3rd party applications that would allow us to do this.  Has anyone had any experience with them or have an alternative solution?  More generally, is there anyone out there who has implemented the Applinking tool within a Citrix-like environment and can provide me with some details?

Any help would be much appreciated.

------------------------------
    James Nolet
    Dooley Mitchell & Morrison Pty Ltd

• 2.  RE: Applinking/node.js in a multi-user, Citrix-like environment

Employee
    Posted 06-26-2019 08:05

Hi James, 

As you may already be aware, currently the inbuilt application linking tool does not work in a multi-user environment. Our consultants have mentioned that there is a working solution for Citrix environments used by several of our clients, but it is managed by our Services team and therefore deployment would need to be scoped as a services engagement. Please contact your Pitney Bowes account manager if you would like to discuss this further.

I understand that this may have originally been raised on behalf of Benalla Rural City Council? I would be happy to help follow-up on this internally for you if you are still waiting to hear back about it. 

Dave Kuo
    Pitney Bowes Australia Pty Ltd
    Australia

• 3.  RE: Applinking/node.js in a multi-user, Citrix-like environment

Posted 06-27-2019 22:48
    Hi Dave,

Yes, this is on behalf of Benalla.  Thanks for your help there.  We were very close!  Someone from your Services team has contacted me and we are now waiting to hear back about what a solution to this entails.  However, as we are keen to progress I was pursuing all options, hence this post to Knowledge Communities.  In my original question I referred to "software as a service"; however, this may have been confusing because what I want to know is whether anyone has launched the node.js software as a local service (without incurring objections from their IT department).  A final approach was to investigate an alternative solution, and we have come up with a work-around that provides dynamic linking from SSA that avoids the complexity of the Applinking/node.js software.

James Nolet
    Dooley Mitchell & Morrison Pty Ltd